Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

My other love....

nylyon

We're off for our second trip of the season. Going to Lake George New York, for the 4th! Aside from riding the Wheel Horses around, here is the next best thing to relaxing! Oh how I love smores cooked over an open flame!!!

camping.JPG

Happy 4th to all!

Sparky

Very nice Karl! My next trip will be to Maine at the end of July. We're on Lake Pemaquid and will have the boat if its still with us. Just spent hours and hours messing with it with my neighbor to get it up and running since it stranded me in the middle of our local lake last week. Thought the fuel pump had quit so we swapped it out( try findin one for a 1963 Evinrude :D ) but it didnt help. After alot of cussin it turned out that the check valve in the squeeze bulb was not releasing so that fuel could get to the pump. Took it out to the lake tonight and she's runnin good again.

Mike....with greasy oily hands

nylyon

Reminds me of the time me 4 friends, my brother and a dog (Golden Retriever) were out on Lake George in my Bayliner 15' with a 50 HP Force outboard on it (and we were trying to water ski with the thing). It had 2 gas tanks, one of which was a quarter full and the second which was full. I tell my brother, hook up the line to the one which is almost empty.

So we're having a heck of a time, trying to ski, putting around and about 1/2 mile from shore when the tank finally runs out of gas on the first tank (the one which should be 1/4 full), so I have my brother hook up what is supposed to be the full tank and.... well you guessed it, we used the full tank and the best part is the one which should have been 1/4 full was damn near empty. See when we were putting around genius there decided to move the line to the full tank so we didn't interrupt the attempted skiing.

Ok, so we need to get to shore, but looking up at the sky it is BLACK. It then opens up and pours cats, dogs and elephants. Getting to shore we run completely out of gas and we start taking on water and fast. The water is coming over the bow and before long we are up to the deck rails with water.

Now this boat is only 15' long, and we are loaded up with 6 people and a dog. It made the coast guard laugh so much just looking at us poor slobs that they gave us a couple gallons of gas, and helped bail out the boat.

Needless to say, I understand getting stuck in the middle of the lake, and hopefully you didn't have my brother with you and a dog!