Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

workhorse briggs 11hp carb

truckin88

I founda a work horse that needs are carb rebuild, are they hard to do, can I get a new carb, it is the 11HP Briggs

rick

Carburetor rebuild is not hard to do, but I ended up replacing the carburetor on my 1979 C-111 (11 horsepower B&S), since there was so much wrong with it....the upper housing was warped(not uncommon) the throttle shaft bushings were worn so bad they were loose in the upper housing, and on and on, the only part worth saving was the lower housing. I was able to purchase a new Briggs & Stratton exact replacement carburetor at a price a little over the cost of repairing the old one. If the engine had been all original (the engine had been repaired with a short block), I may have thought a little more about keeping and fixing the old carburetor.

rodfatherjr

Where did you find the carb for your B&S engine on your C-111? Mine runs awful and I am thinking that the problem may be the Carburetor. It really has not run well for a number of years [i bought it new] and I had even thought of replacing it, until I priced a new lawn tractor...besides I have a sentimental attachment to this old friend. I also have a push blade, 42" rear discharge mower deck, a dump cart and chains, so if I could just get this baby to run worth a damn, even if it meant replacing the whole engine I would be a happy cowboy. Any suggestions??

rick

I got the carburetor from Pat's Small Engines, www.psep.biz/ .They had the best price at the time. I got the tractor running this weekend, but found the governor wasn't functional, and I believe the counterweight is out of time. At some time in the past, a short block was installed, rather ineptly, as I am finding out. I will fix the thing later....

For a while, I had two runners! Good luck on fixing yours, at least you know the history!

Rick

rodfatherjr

Thanks, I'll check out Pat's site. Yes, I do know the history and sad to say, for the WH, some of it is benign neglect during the years I was raising my two daughters. I now have a bit more time and would love to get my pony running like it used to run. -Rod

rick

Off topic- I have two daughters, and sort of neglected them while they were growing up, working and drinking all the time...now I have two grandchildren, and a second chance to watch kids grow up.I am not neglecting the grandchildren, for sure!