Sign in to follow this  
ronscat

Wheel Horse pulling harrow

ronscat

Here are a coupla pictures of my son pulling the spring tooth harrow trying to get a little cover on the bermudagrass seed we had sowed. My intention was to sow with a spreader and mow the ryegrass down as a mulch on top of the seed. As you can see the winter cover crop was a very poor stand on his dryer soils so I elected to run the harrow just to scarify and possibly throw a little top soil on the seed. There was supposed to be a shower any second while we worked. As per usual - it never developed. :omg:

Ron

P1000387.jpg

P1000384.jpg

ronscat

Work, work, work..... :omg: . - hooked a little bigger guy to my blade today. Had to do some knocking down dirt mounds and filling in lows with the grader on my son's property. I really like how that particular implement works. Got no pictures of it at work cause I can't film myself while bouncing all over the place. Just showing the grader (in it's Wheel Horse colors) hooked to a Wheel Horse (of course!) after about 2 hours of working with the pair. First time I've had the 9 hp Vanguard hooked to the blade. That winch can put a serious load on you!! :drool:

Ron

P1000417.jpg

P1000418.jpg

P1000416.jpg

TJ

Nice equipment. :omg:

Kelly

I like your grader, you build the york rake for it yet?

KyBlue

Nice Equipment

ronscat

Got the rake together. I got to get a flat plate with bolt thru it welded on. It is only 49 inches. I wanted to go 60 inches but couldn't seem to put my hands on a cultivator angle iron with the holes already on it. (Still looking for that bar).

Will put it on here when I get the plate and bolt welded.

Ron