Sign in to follow this  
Prater

The Almond Step Child...

jusjeepn

Steven, It turned out great! Far cry from almond though :thumbs2:! I like it! When you gonna get your dad to join up here?

HorseFixer

WoW! :thumbs2: She is a keeper! :thumbs: I like It! Duke Approved! :ychain:

TJ

It really turned out good. :thumbs2:

Operator

As I first seen some of the tin and the color I thought "I don't know, maybe a bit dark" but now that it is all together and new decals. It looks great!!! :thumbs2::thumbs:

Well done, that is a sharp color!

Randy

bell

WOW, that looks FANTASTIC!!!

I'm thinking they should have painted them that color from the factory! :thumbs2:

Prater

Thanks Everyone. Dad sure does desrve credit here. I too like the darker Pewter Metalic. He was getting a little impatient and could have taken a bit more time to remove some of the dents, but since it will be used and not showed he did not mind.

Just wonder if he will help me restore my 854 this winter...Hmmm

I have told him about this site, but he really does not do much on a comuter other tha check his mail and store pics of the family.

TT

I LOVE IT! :thumbs:

I am quite partial to the pewter gray Horses though.... since the first "true" WH garden tractor I ever owned was a 6 year old 1983 GT-1142. (Dang - that was 20 years ago!)

I'm currently gathering parts to build what I'll call a GT-1800 twin 8 speed. :thumbs2:

Duff

Steven, sharp looking tractor! Wow! :thumbs2:

Who made the rear hitch with the optional trailer ball attachment?

Duff :thumbs:

Prater

Duff,

Dad made the hitch with some scrap steel. It bolts onto the original hitch and has a couple of angle brackets keeping it in place.

Prater

Here is a pic of the hitch while dad was building it.

05302009156.jpg

Duff

Very nice! Thanks! Would he be willing to fab up another one and sell it?

Duff :thumbs2:

Prater

Duff, get in line on the hitch...Just kidding. He only had enough to do one hitch in his scrap pile.

Here is a pic with the grill painted.

100_2157.jpg

gwgdog66

Dad has one good looking Work Horse :thumbs2:

bo dawg

You know I have to say that's the best looking gray color workhorse I've ever seen. Really good job guy's :thumbs2::thumbs: Sweet!

:ychain:

Prater

Thanks for the comments. Tomorrow is Dads Birthday so He may or may not finish the lights and engine paint. He is very happy with his Horse, and I am sure the Horse is happy too...

Gene_S

Your Wheel Horse looks great :thumbs2: I also agree the darker color makes it look better then the lighter pewter. I'm sure the tractor is very happy too if they could only talk!!!

Suburban 550

Great job, Steven. :thumbs2: What a beauty.

scifi4all

That is a really incredible color! I have to agree I think it looks better than the original. :thumbs2:

What are the hose and wire, wrapped around the hitch, for?

Bill

Looks real nice Steven :thumbs2:

Prater

That is a really incredible color! I have to agree I think it looks better than the original. :thumbs2:

What are the hose and wire, wrapped around the hitch, for?

The wires and wire loom for the back lights or wrapped on the back hitch. He had some small tailights that he installed instead of the reflectors. He also put all the wires in a wire loom to protect them from everyday use of the tractor.

kpinnc

Very nice work Steven. Best looking Work Horse I've seen in a while!

Nice hitch setup too. But I would definitely make something up to spread the load on the bottom of the transaxle. I have seen a few that the end of the hitch was forced up into the bottom of the case a bit too hard. If you break out the bottom of the case, it would be very difficult to fix.

I welded a "foot" onto the end of one of my drawbar hitches. If you're gonna put a big load on that hitch, I would do something similar, maybe even bigger:

muledrive043.jpg

Kevin

Duff

For those who've been following this thread, here's a rousing :thumbs: to Steven's Dad!!!!

Hope he has many, many more years of enjoyment on that beautiful pewter steed!

Duff :thumbs2:

Prater

Kevin,

Tthanks for the suggestion. i will let him know about the support. he will be using it to pull his bass boat from the backyard out front to his truck. Not a lot of tongue weight but still never hurts to have insurance...

Duff,

I will pass the happy Birthday to him

bustedglass

Happy Birthday :thumbs: , Stevens' Dad ... Wow, what a GREAT Birthday present. You guys did a wonderful restore on this one :thumbs2: . Can't wait to see your future projects :ychain: .

Prater

Called Dad to wish him his Happy birthday and he was working on the Horse. He has the lights in and has the covers off the engine getting them prepped for paint. Looks like it will be done tomorrow if all goes well. he also stated a thanks to those that have wished him well and complimented him on his Horse.