Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

Hello from N.E. PA

Hodge71

Hello, my name is Jeff Passon,I live in Sugarloaf,PA. I am new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself. I love Wheel Horse tractors, I grew up mowing my parents 1.25 acres with a 1973 12 automatic with electric clutch that my Dad bought used in 1974 from the local dealer in Hazleton. It was used to pull cars from the track at Evergreen speedway in Drums. We used it to garden with the tiller, it had an aereator for the yard and he purchased the rear dump cart and bagger attachment that had the impeller belt driven off the main pto to vaccum the grass clippings from the 42" side discharge deck and blew them into the dump cart with the canvas cover on it. I also plowed ours, and many of our neighbors driveways with the 48" dozer blade on the front of it in the winter. It was my first source of income, as he left my brother and I use it to start our own little lawncare business as we were growing up. I'm now 38 and have my own house and yard, and after going to the dark side(Green and Yellow) and having nothing but problems, I have realized the error of my ways and am looking for a 70's C Series 140 or 160 to mow my 3 acres with and plow my drive in the winter. My 3 year old son loves Pop-Pops tractor and I want to share those experiences with my son. I guess Dad was always right " Horses are stonger than Deeres, Horses are built for working, deer are built for eating, just ask any farmer". I'm willing to travel to PA, Maryland, Delaware, Jersey or New York to get one of these sweethearts. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

TJ

:omg:

truckin88

Welcome aboard, I just joined myself. Real small world I live in NY, but my wife is from "the valley" Rt 93 sugarloaf. We met at King's college, the in-laws are still down there. In fact that is where my C-120 came from (Father in law). Dude I am about 2.5 hours away, and this sweet C-140 came up on craigslist by me (it is not mine, but looks clean wanted to give a heads ).

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/1131056319.html

Duff

Hi, Jeff! :drool:

Glad to have you among us, and I enjoyed your story. Great place here - lots of good people and information! Settle in, and remember...... :drool:

Duff :omg:

Suburban 550

:omg: Jeff. Your almost my neighbor. I guess you know where Zanolinis Garage (your local Wheel Horse dealer) is? Sit back and enjoy. This is a great site with alot of knowledgeable people.

HorseFixer

Jeff, :drool: lots to enjoy here! :omg:

hodge

"hodge71"? I had expected that your last name was Hodge, like mine. Do you mind me asking what hodge71 signifies?

bo dawg

:drool:

Bill

wheel horse 1045

welcome

Hodge71

My knickname growing up was Hodge.My younger brother and I are also Classic Mopar fans and there was a Factory A/FX(Altered wheelbase Factory eXperimental) Dragrace team back in the latter half of the 60's named Hodges Dodges. My Dad had 1965 Plymouth Satellite (actually we still have it)with a 426 and a Hurst 4 speed :drool: , that was white just like The 65 Dodge Coronet the Hodges Dodges Team had. So my brother started callin me Hodge and before I knew it, everyone called me it, so it stuck, and I was born in 1971 so thats where the 71 came from. Sorry if'n I offended ya. :omg:

rustbucket

always good to see another PA boy hoping on board. I live down just outside of Stroudsburg off of good old Route 80 near the water gap into jersey.

WHC-125

• Like 1