Sign in to follow this  
besman

Tiller Help - New to RedSquare

besman

Hello,

I have a '75 C-160 8-speed. It has the normal clevis hitch on back and a 42" side discharge mower. I'm interested in locating and addind a tiller to this beast to make my gardening easier. Can someone tell me what all i will need?

Thanks,

M

KyBlue

The Tiller, The OE belt (dont cheap on this, the Other belts are NOT the same and will cause more headaches than just buying the OE belt), the Idler Pulley Setup, and the Rear Hitch (also the same one used to mount the snow Plow too.

Since you already ahve a clevis hitch, you should have the rockshaft and cable's require to lift the tiller...

Look around a bit on the mounting, there are several other threads already open discussing this very thing.

:omg:

besman

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Do the tillers mount to the clevis hitch or on something else? I saw a pic somewhere where the tiller was mounted on two arms that bolted to the rear axles.

wheel horse 1045

yes the tiller mounts to the same hitch as the snowplow except the auto, it has a diferent type hitch.

besman

ok, Does anyone have a pic of this type of mount?

wheel horse 1045
DSCN0432.jpg this is what you need

besman

THe big brace that goes on the rear axle i know i need. The other two pieces: the tube for cable? and the the lifting arm? 1. I do have a small tube and cable attached to my existing clevis style hitch now. Do i still need this other tube?

2. I also have an existing "drawbar" hitch that mounts via a pin on to the back of the Uni-drive unit. I assume this lift arm with the cable and chain mounts in this spot? :omg:

Thanks for everyone's help here. Everytime i think i get something figured out on this, some else has a different style or system that they are using. :drool:

Thanks again

jtmoyer

THe big brace that goes on the rear axle i know i need. The other two pieces: the tube for cable? and the the lifting arm? 1. I do have a small tube and cable attached to my existing clevis style hitch now. Do i still need this other tube?

2. I also have an existing "drawbar" hitch that mounts via a pin on to the back of the Uni-drive unit. I assume this lift arm with the cable and chain mounts in this spot? :omg:

Thanks for everyone's help here. Everytime i think i get something figured out on this, some else has a different style or system that they are using. :drool:

Thanks again

the drawbar will need to be removed to mount the tiller. if you have the tube and cable for your clevis you are set except for the tiller, and pulleys.