Sign in to follow this  
wildcatman01

HELP! B-80 and a Tiller

wildcatman01

Please forgive me I am new to this forum and I am looking for some technical information. I have a B-80 model wheelhorse and it runs like a scalded dog. i have recently been given a tiller attachment for a wheelhorse but i am not sure if it is the appropriate tiller for my model. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which model number will work. Also I was wondering, seeing as mine was not setup for a rear attachment, if any one could send me pictures of how to and which brackets and pulleys I will need to make it operational. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Tiller ID Tag: 07-30TL02-22706 2068

zieg72

I just looked up the tiller and it appears that it may be for a 200 series from the look of it. May or may not work for your B-80

I just put one on my 520H and this forum helped me a lot to get what I needed. I hope I gave the right advice, but one thing is for sure, someone will correct me if I am mistaken. Good luck. Carl

zieg72

Scroll down to my link.... is a good resource for attachments available by model-year. Unfortunately it doesn't list a tiller for the B-80 maybe because of the HP. B-100's of the same year list a 7-1251 tiller. I don't know the B-series at all so physically it may work but the 8 hp. may not be enough to run it but my guess it should do fine.

kpinnc

I have a friend with an 856 and he uses it with a tiller. We have some really tough clay down here, so ANY tiller gets a good workout. He says his 8 hp Kohler will pull it, but says the tiller really pulls on the engine. Of course, low range WOULD be a good thing that he does not have on the 856, so I don't know how much that effects the setup.

Kevin

wildcatman01

well how about a rear tach-o-matic setup my tractor has a uni-drive rear end with 8 speeds

zieg72

well how about a rear tach-o-matic setup my tractor has a uni-drive rear end with 8 speeds

If you go to 1974 36" tiller and scroll over all the way to the right and it shows the current model with is the standard tiller just like the one on my 520H. 07-36TL05/79370 with a foot note. Mine is an older early 80's model. Mine has a slightly different idler pulley-belt tensioner arrangement but it works GREAT...

zieg72

Please forgive me I am new to this forum and I am looking for some technical information. I have a B-80 model wheelhorse and it runs like a scalded dog. i have recently been given a tiller attachment for a wheelhorse but i am not sure if it is the appropriate tiller for my model. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which model number will work. Also I was wondering, seeing as mine was not setup for a rear attachment, if any one could send me pictures of how to and which brackets and pulleys I will need to make it operational. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Tiller ID Tag: 07-30TL02-22706 2068

One more tidbit that I found out... By cross checking the tiller you have, it comes back to a 1982 B-85.... Maybe the 30" tiller is the right one after all for the 8 hp engine....????

I am done now trying to be helpful... Have a great evening...

Jim_M

You should have no trouble running a 30" tiller behind a B80-8. I have one ( 36")behind a 308-8. I run the engine wide open and put the tractor in low range and use 1st or second gear and have power to spare.

You'll need a rear attachment hitch, it's the same one you use for a dozer blade. You'll also need the lift cable and rock shaft that goes under the seat and the idler/tensioner assembly.

wildcatman01

You'll need a rear attachment hitch, it's the same one you use for a dozer blade. You'll also need the lift cable and rock shaft that goes under the seat and the idler/tensioner assembly.

ok then i just have the basic tractor with a mower deck that is grenaded so any ideas on where to get any of these parts or part numbers for them?

And thank you to everyone for your help so far it has been helpful.

zieg72
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9204 is what I recently went through. Post a picture of what you actually have and the group will help you out. I will donate the lift cable tube if you don't have one...

mcwh1950

does you tiller look like this one

tiller2-1.jpg

tiller03.jpg

this one is for vert engine.

picture borrow for e-bay

kpinnc

this one is for vert engine.

I was thinking the same thing Smitty. I've never seen a 30 inch tiller for a horizontal-shaft garden tractor like the B-80.

BUT- It appears to connect (at least the belt, if you swapped the drive pulley around to the other side) the same way a 36 inch tiller does. I'm thinking getting it to work would not be difficult at all.

If there are 30 inch tillers used on the smaller GTs, I apologize. As I said, I've just never seen them.

Kevin

• Like 1

mcwh1950

I was thinking the same thing Smitty. I've never seen a 30 inch tiller for a horizontal-shaft garden tractor like the B-80.

BUT- It appears to connect (at least the belt, if you swapped the drive pulley around to the other side) the same way a 36 inch tiller does. I'm thinking getting it to work would not be difficult at all.

If there are 30 inch tillers used on the smaller GTs, I apologize. As I said, I've just never seen them.

Kevin

the pulley for the 30" tiller are all on the left side. for 36 " tiller pulley are all on the right side.

wildcatman01

mcwh1950: my tiller does not match that one in your picture but however this is not my exact tiller, because i don't have a picture loaded but it is very similar to it and my pulley drive is on the right hand side.

TillerinStorage.jpg

My setup would have to look like the setup from these pics. Now the only problem is tracking down the tensionor pulley and the rear attachment setup and the lift cable.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...t=0entry62104

Here is a pic of my rear diff not sure if the lift cable tube is there but take a look and let me know please

P4120017.jpg

kpinnc

mcwh1950: my tiller does not match that one in your picture but however this is not my exact tiller, because i don't have a picture loaded but it is very similar to it and my pulley drive is on the right hand side.

My setup would have to look like the setup from these pics. Now the only problem is tracking down the tensionor pulley and the rear attachment setup and the lift cable.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...t=0entry62104

Here is a pic of my rear diff not sure if the lift cable tube is there but take a look and let me know please

If that is indeed the same "type" tiller as yours, then it will most definitely work with the pictured tractor rear end, providing you get the hitch. There are several on Ebay right now, and there usually are at any given time. Just be sure you get the right one. There were two types, and only one will work with the tiller/ long frame plow setup.

The idler setup may be a bit harder to find, but can also be fabricated pretty easy. The lift cable is still available from Toro. Because your tractor has the newer style fender pan support, you'll also need the rock shaft/ bell crank that goes in the back. Again, they come up fairly often for sale online and are easily fabricated.

Not trying to create more questions than answers for you. The good news is that your tiller will work with your tractor. Now you just need a few of the smaller parts to put it all together.

If you find something that your aren't sure will work with your setup (hitch, cable, idler, etc...), just post it here and we can try to help you decide on the right parts. Or, you can look on Toro.com with your tiller model number and find the parts listing. The pics there will also be helpful in your search.

Good luck!

Kevin

wildcatman01

The idler setup may be a bit harder to find, but can also be fabricated pretty easy. The lift cable is still available from Toro. Because your tractor has the newer style fender pan support, you'll also need the rock shaft/ bell crank that goes in the back. Again, they come up fairly often for sale online and are easily fabricated.

here is an ebay link for a rocker shaft will this one work for my B-80 model?

http://cgi.ebay.com/wheel-horse-C-160-gard...3%3A11|294%3A50

C-Series14

No, that is for the tractor's mid lift mechanism...

mcwh1950

KyBlue

Okay lets see if I can help a bit... heres some photos of the tiller, the Idler Setup, and mounted...

4f387624.jpg

4009237e.jpg

38f2c84d.jpg

de20a785.jpg

And since Last year I didnt have all the parts needed... (still used it anyway, just a PITA to lift) I dont have photo fo the rockshaft... But Here is one installed on a similar WH

P3050913.jpg

Hope this helps!

wildcatman01

Thank you them pics helped a lot. Now any ideas on where i might be able to find the mid mount idler setup? Ive located the rear rocker shaft adn the rear mount but i am not having any luck with the idler pulley

Jim_M

Somebody makes a nice copy of it, but I can't remember who it is right now. He sells them on eBay every so often.

KyBlue

There is a Feller on the Yahoo groups that does em. You can still buy the pullies, and just have to make the metal parts..

kajamo240

4StarCstms, What size belt is that?