Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

Snow plow wear bars

Brian1045

Anyone have a good cheap source or recommendations on purchasing a wear bar for WH snow plows?

Mine is a pretty wore down on one side and would like to replace it.

:omg:

Brian

Duff

Brian, is there a steel fabricating shop anywhere in your area? They should be able to whip one up from basic measurements and at a decent price. :drool: It may not be tempered steel, but if the price is right, could be worth having to replace it occasionally.

For some models the OEM's are (or were a little while ago) still available through the parts houses.

Duff :omg:

Brian1045

Yeah I need a little welding work done anyhow, I was just thinking there was a cheap bolt on replacement bar. Fabrication is the best anyhow...Thanks

linen beige

I bought one from Parts tree a couple of months ago. $25.22 +shipping along with some other stuff. Considering your time and that these are tempered, it may not be worth much to try saving a few bucks.

Toro lists them at $31.32. Part #92-6034-03. I may be wrong but it should fit any 42 inch blade?

Rod(NASNUT)

If it is only wore down on one side flip it over and it will be like new :omg:

Brian1045

If it is only wore down on one side flip it over and it will be like new

It's the simplest things I seem to miss... :omg:

Duff

If it is only wore down on one side flip it over and it will be like new :omg:

Yup, unless you land in the situation I did. The PO let the wear bar grind down so far it's taken out two of the mounting bolts/holes and the section of the moldboard they pass through. Still got to get that situation squared around, but that's another project for somewhere down the road! :drool:

Duff :drool:

Docwheelhorse

Get a piece of 1/4" thick by 2" wide steel and drill out the holes.... you will never replace the edge again. Mike and I have been running then like this for years.

Tony

BTK07

Linen Beige,

Is that sites name, partstree.com

Bill

BTK07

:omg: Sparky. I have a plow that's wore down to the bolt on the left side. I might have to add some metal to the plow so it will hold the scraper part on.

Bill

linen beige

Mike beat me to it. Thanks Mike.

Here's the reason I ordered a new wear bar for my BD-42-71 dozer blade. Seems the po didn't think to flip it over.

BD-42-71004.jpg

Well, one reason. Here's another.

CopyofBD-42-71002.jpg

Between the rust and warped edge it wasn't getting under the ice very well. I have new steel welded in place and most of the repair work done. It's on hold due to some other projects right now, but I should have it cleaned and repainted before long.

linen beige

Get a piece of 1/4" thick by 2" wide steel and drill out the holes.... you will never replace the edge again. Mike and I have been running then like this for years.

Tony

The OEM bar is 2 1/2 inches wide so it clears the bottom edge of the blade a little more. If you don't have down pressure on them the plain steel should last quiet a long time, but if you DO use down pressure the tempered steel will make a big difference in wear life.