Sign in to follow this  
Jman6

Tiller Belt Question

Jman6

Ok, I have a 1990 312-8 that came with belts for everything that I got with the rescue. Well, everything but the tiller belt. Got the snow blower off then went through the process of installing the tiller. After I got that on, went into the garage and about tore the place apart trying to find the dang belt that went with the 36 inch tiller! Argh it did not come with one.

Anyone know the belt that I need and can send me a link to the part number I need?

Thanks!

Jman

Anthony Wendover

I beleive this is the belt part number that you are in need of. $60 from toro 110265 - V-BELT

Jman6

Thanks Anthony for the quick reply! :omg:)

I am gonna check on some other brands and will look at crossovers that will fit as I am only gonna use this for a area that is about 15 yds by 10 yds. Dang wife and honey-do lists! :drool:

Thanks again for the quick help!

Jman

Bow_Extreme

You will want the toro belt for that tiller. Do not buy a cross over belt. They are not made the same and it seems they have some kind of coating on them for better grip. You are by far better to by the belt from toro for this application.

Jman6

Ah darn glad you mentioned that Bow_Ex, I was just about to ask what the length of the belt is that I need and if I could get one of the member to post the length of theirs. Looks like I will be ordering one and waiting a week to get it.

Thanks! Hate spending 30$ and finding out that I should spent the 60 in the first place and would have saved myself lots of aggravation.

Jman

KyBlue

Its got like a fabric coating on it, to give it the extra grip needed to keep it from slipping when that tiller is really digging in...besides, since you only use it so seldom... it should last.....a VERY long time..

mcwh1950

jman. if you got the 37inch side discharge deck it is the same belt for the tiller

Brrly1

Hey Scott, it also helps with stretching. You will find Wheel Horse belts don't stretch but they will crack. If you have a cracked belt it should be usable until the crack starts running horizonally then its a definite time for replacement. See Ya, Bye

Burly :omg:

Duff

Smitty, you're saying the tiller takes that same six-sided beast of a belt the 37" SD decks do?????? Yikes- brace your wallet! :drool:

Duff :omg:

mcwh1950

Smitty, you're saying the tiller takes that same six-sided beast of a belt the 37" SD decks do?????? Yikes- brace your wallet! :drool:

Duff :omg:

yes duff remember there is two differ type of 37"sd deck one is model number 05-37sc01 take a belt number 111178 140.5 inch long.

the other is 05-37sc02 take a belt number 110265 141 inch long

Bow_Extreme

I paid $67.00 for my tiller belt. I have no complaints with it so far and I spent 2 nights tilling hard clay. It's worked great!! It doesn't slip at all.