Sign in to follow this  
dodge78

Any body deal with these people?

dodge78

http://www.m-and-d.com/index.html?id=ssqcuVHA

They have about $200 worth of stuff I need and I am wonder how they were. The local guy could not find anything.

Nick

Ive never come across that site before. Looks like they will order parts for everything from vacuum cleaners to import gas engine clones.

What kind of parts are you looking for?

dodge78

PTO bearing, washers, spring, stud, brake, clutch plate, shift boot, brake band, cam pin

past7971

Just curious---what do you mean "local guy could not find anything"? Are you talking about a local Toro dealer? If so, you must have got a lazy SOB who didnt feel like looking up or ordering parts for you. Also for what its worth---did you price a new brake band? I think last time I checked, they were around $50. I'm not a big fan of Ebay but I've gotten good used ones off of there for around $10. I've seen that M & D site before and used it to check on parts availability/price but haven't ordered anything from them. Where are you located???

HorseFixer

Just curious---what do you mean "local guy could not find anything"? Are you talking about a local Toro dealer? If so, you must have got a lazy SOB

That is just too funny! :drool: I was thinkin the same thing! :omg:

past7971

Yeah Duke, I've dealt with a few places that the people behind the counter seem totally disgusted that you either did not know your part number or have no knowledge of equipment but must have been hired based on their ability (?) to enter info in a computer. Car parts places are the worst. If you need a gas cap does it really matter if vehicle has V6, air-bags or A/C??? I noticed that M & D site he referred to is about an hour from me. If he's closer to me, I might be able to direct him to a better dealer who doesnt mind actually helping their customers or possibly raid my parts stash.

WH854

Lakewood Lawn & Garden on ebay has Brake Band part#9593 ($47.49)

Shifter Boot part# 3577 ($9.95) Clutch Plate part#94-6650 ($43.48) All Buy it now

prices That is as good as you can get for new parts.

Buzz

Lakewood Lawn & Garden on ebay has Brake Band part#9593 ($47.49)

Shifter Boot part# 3577 ($9.95) Clutch Plate part#94-6650 ($43.48) All Buy it now

prices That is as good as you can get for new parts.

Shifter boot $9.95 :omg: Call several local dealers, give them the part number and check prices. That is an ebay price. Sohar's has them for $4.14. His other prices are actually cheaper so it pays to shop around.

WH854

I do a lot of shopping around myself.That shifter boot is out of line but the other

two parts are cheaper than at Toro,alot cheaper.

dodge78

Well the local guy, he does every thing by book or microfiche. Im not sure he knows what a computer is. But I did find a place local that can get parts for a Wheel Horse and you guys are all looking in the wrong place, you have to go to a John Deere dealer. Yup, surprised me too. The clutch plate is $56 but by the time you get shipping on the ebay one, its close enough. And the boot is $4.50. The brake band is $55 but I was told I could epoxy mine back together. Over all it was $4 cheaper than the website plus there is no shipping and will be here on wednesday.

USHorse

I just ordered a deck pulley from the M&D site. When I get the part, I will comment on the experience.

awd

http://www.m-and-d.com/index.html?id=ssqcuVHA

They have about $200 worth of stuff I need and I am wonder how they were. The local guy could not find anything.

They stock very little and drop ship most everything. Their orders arrives in multiple boxes from multiple locations and can take a very long time for the whole order to arrive. Their prices aren't that great.

I ordered from them a ways back and they were complete jerks. M&D is the nightmare internet shopping experience everyone dreads.

I placed an order with specific instructions that the order only be shipped when complete and in one box.

They got the order wrong and wouldn't answer their phone or email to sort their mess out. Ultimately got my credit card company involved. Filed a complaint with their local BBB and they never responded.

If you're looking for OEM Toro parts here's a few reliable and professional sources...

http://www.mowpart.com/index.html?osCsid=3...2e2s00k6rufg5u1

http://www.sepw.com/Search.aspx?Advanced=1

http://www.partstree.com/parts/

oldandred

theres most likely only one or two places that make the parts we all look for so it payes to shop around some places have to pay more to get some idems because the dont but that much.

a few years back about 1969 I went to a local parts dealer were we got all our auto parts and told the guy I needed pulgs for a 53 chevy to my supprise he told me next time I was at kmart check out there prices I did fifty cent cheaper the reasion kmart buys by the train load and the parts dealer buys by the case or truck load.

And its the same way today the more they buy the cheaper they can sell