Sign in to follow this  
grim

building a loader

grim

im thinking about building a front loader for my b-80 horse . i seen the guy with the b-80 with the loader and that got me thinking . im a welder/fabricator so the steel work i can handle . but i have no clue how hydraulics work or what i would have to have to work the loader . where would i find the stuff i need (kinda cheap)? rams, levers, valves, hoses . i can get steel at work very cheap if not free . so it will be cheaper for me to build than buy a loader that bolts on (i think). what do u guys think ? anyone have any darwings that they have been playing with?

billy

Nick

Billy, I built a loader so Id say anyone can do it. :omg: One plus to building a loader is it can be kept a bit more to scale with the tractor its being built for. Johnson, Danco and some former loader manufacturers built smaller loaders for smaller tractors but there not around anymore.

The best place Ive found for hydraulics was hunting around for deals at www.surpluscenter.com or ebay. There must be others online but thats what worked for me. If you go with one cylinder on the bucket you would need 3 cylinders, a 2 spool valve, hydraulic pump around 4gpm, reservoir tank unless the uprights are used and then a good amount of hoses and fittings.

I looked at other loaders but then basically just started building on the tractor at the size I thought would work out ok. Was also limited by the used steel I had around. For ideas look at places like www.johnnybucket.com A front slip scoop does not have loader capabilities but is much less expensive to build, is easy to transport and to move between tractors.

My lawn Ranger loader.

railties002email-1.jpg

Video from this day Video link-

wallfish

If you go here and join this group there are some plans with measurements in the files section. A lot of other stuff too.

homebuiltequipmentfortractors

Or you can go to PF Engineering.com and they sell a complete set of plans with bill of materials and sources for everything you need