Sign in to follow this  
formariz

engine temperature

formariz

One of my k91s seems to run a lot hotter than the others. Noticeable by touching the crankcase. How can one determine for sure if that is so and what would be the recommended operating temperature? :omg:

Buzz

Not sure what the operating temperature should be but have you removed the engine shrouding and made sure the cooling fins aren't filled wirh grass clippings or are not broken/missing?

formariz

Everything is clean and in place. Fuel/air mixture also seems to be fine.Engine runs really well but it is definitely much hotter than all the others I have.

linen beige

You could use a hand held laser temp sensor such as this to get the temp off the engine while it is running.

http://www.2carpros.com/store/index.php?ma...&products_id=19

I don't know what temp is normal, but you could compare this one to your others for reference.

Spark plug heat range and timing can affect running temps as well.

Docwheelhorse

Hi--is it possible that your ---hot--- engine has been bored out to the max? That will cause them to run hotter too.

Tony

daemon2525

Like Linen said, Timing could be off, I think that it may be adjusted by the point gap. Please check that as well.

It seems to me that when I had that problem, my points were to far open. I think that they had slipped or something.