Sign in to follow this  
gwgdog66

K&N Air Filter

gwgdog66

Has anyone tried a K&N filter on thier K Series engines? I'm thinking the ability to clean them up would be a plus to replacing one every 20 hours.

I'm looking at the E4583

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-4583

Butch

I bought the K&N for my K321. I haven't put the engine back together to see how it runs but the filter is a perfect fit. I don't have the box but on the filter the number is A061A6 which cross references to part number E-2470.

Butch

gwgdog66

I pulled the trigger and ordered it. It replaces the factory Kohler 4508302. I ordered one of the prefilters also. I'll let you know how it works.

gwgdog66

I think this filter is money well spent. The C-160 seems to run a bit stronger. I had to lean the carb after the first 30 minutes of use, getting more air maybe(?). Then it really ran good. :omg:

Butch

GWG I like the K&N filters. I've been using them for years in our cars, trucks and motorcycles.

Kelly

More air you should have made it more rich, and I think the KN's are great on my cars and I'm going to put them on my worker tractors.

gwgdog66

More air you should have made it more rich, and I think the KN's are great on my cars and I'm going to put them on my worker tractors.

Yea, I adjusted the carb slightly (both ways before I got it right) and she really runs well now. I was going through three filters a year, so the K&N will pay for it's self this season :omg:

I've been using the air and oil filters for years in my cars and trucks.