Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

S L O W tractor race

TT

And it tends to confuse the CRAP out of people too! :D:(

I actually had a guy where I used to work keep doing that with a new Gehl skidloader.

He said "I want to go slower, so I can't run it at full throttle"

I told him to park it and never get on it again! :P

Curmudgeon

Well, hydros might go slow, but I've seen a lot of them cheating to do it. Not all, but many. See, in a real slow race, where rules are followed, forward momentum can not cease. I watch those guys on the hydros bump the lever, move an inch, stop, bump the lever, move an inch, stop, ad infinitum. They shouldn't be allowed to touch the lever once underway, if so, then I should be able to slip the clutch. Same thing.

NOT saying ALL are like that, but that's what I've seen done in the past.

WheelHorse_of_course

I assume stalling the engine gets an automatic disqualification?

Buzz

Hmmmmm...........I wonder how slow Geof can get his electric 'horses to go :D . If he brings one this year we'll have to get him to enter.

Curmudgeon

I assume stalling the engine gets an automatic disqualification?

In a slow tractor race where rules are strictly enforced, "Forward momentum will not cease once the race starts." No stalling, no fiddling with governer, no working the hydro lever, no slipping the clutch. Start, sit back, relax, and wait.

However, in most races I've seen, the only prize on the line is pride in winning. Some guys get more pride from winning by cheating than by playing a fair game. Course, some races are just SO OFF THE WALL, cheating is almost to be expected as part of the entertainment.