Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Picked up the Plow today

T-Mo

I've mentioned the idler bracket for the tiller. When I saw this idler I was sure it wasn't the correct one I need. Since I now had the model number of the tiller, I looked it up on the Product Center. No manuals were available for downloading, so I just click on the "Look Up Parts" tab there.

It looks like the idler that I saw Saturday. And after I got a little more acquainted with the my Wheel Horse's mid-attachment area, I can see a little more clearly now. I think the idler bracket is the correct one. It's missing the shield and maybe a couple of springs, but the idler pulleys and the bracket looks similar to the diagram on the product center. Here's a partial view that shows the idler that's called out for this tiller.

Attached Image

post-4-1201527489.jpg

catman81056

There's one of those on eBay right now.

nylyon

Terry it looked like it was in great condition (assuming that the tiller transmission works). If I recall correctly, the seller wanted another $100 for the tiller. Go and get it, if you don't like it, I'll buy the tiller from you (of course we need to figure out how to get it to NY).

Our last garden was maybe 10'x10'. Yesterday my wife told me that she wants to have a bigger garden this year (A LOT BIGGER). If that tiller was around here it would be safe and sound in the shed right now...

It's almost cheaper than renting a tiller.

T-Mo

Karl,

If I don't get it, I will definitely let someone here have a crack at it. I have to decide if I really want it (I think I do, but will I ever use it? That's the real question). :D Even if I don't it's still nice to have. We put a garden out a couple of years ago and would have last spring also, but my sister-in-law got sick and passed away at about the time we needed to get the garden out. This year we haven't even talked about one. But, I hate to see that thing sit there in the leaves rusting away. :P It would be better to rescue it and put it to use.

I'll get back with you one way or the other. BTW, I don't think he has the belt and I still would need the lift cable (see above post from Sparky). :(

Rollerman

I think it's unanimous Terry...it's well worth his asking price & with some creative shiping or the "Red Square Wheel Horse Train" you can move it along to another member.

Tiller are handy for other things too....if you have a dead spot in the yard you want to reclaim.....or your neighbor needs help finding his cable line. :D

T-Mo

I think it's unanimous Terry...it's well worth his asking price & with some creative shiping or the "Red Square Wheel Horse Train" you can move it along to another member.

Tiller are handy for other things too....if you have a dead spot in the yard you want to reclaim.....or your neighbor needs help finding his cable line. :P

I did use a trencher once to locate a water line! :D

T-Mo

TT,

I called Bill and he will let me know Thursday if there is room on his trailer. I'm now trying to contact Jeff to see what his end looks like. Thanks, again, for the head's up. :D

Jim_M

You should buy it for that price even if you don't think you need it right now. Just watch how much the idler setup alone brings on eBay. That tiller is money in the bank, it will never be less than the $100.00 you pay for it.

Kelly

Just reading the post here and made me think of the phone line I found :D that was marked 10' from where I was tilling. I think they missed. and it takes about 2 days to get them out to fix it also :P . But only took me 2 sec. to pull up about 20' that was 6" under ground.

I used mine to tear up a buddys whole front yard for reseeding that was kinda fun, His wife just shook her head.

Buy it you won't regret it.

Kelly in MI.

TT

TT,

I called Bill and he will let me know Thursday if there is room on his trailer. I'm now trying to contact Jeff to see what his end looks like. Thanks, again, for the head's up. :D

You're quite welcome!

He's a good guy, Terry. :P

If there's a way to pull it off, he'll find it! :(

We might be running out of chances, so I hope it works this time. :(

T-Mo

Terry,

I hope Bill doesn't get caught in the snow storm that's supposed to hit Thursday. The weather bureau has issued a winter storm watch for southern Missouri and southwest Illinois for Thursday afternoon and Thursday night. The line of the storm is south of I-44 in Missouri and south of I-70 in Illinois and is coming up from the southwest.

I guess I might get a chance to try out the plow Friday. :D

TT

Knowing Bill, he'll either camp out somewhere down South (maybe until spring?) or run across the Southern part of the US 'til he hits Florida, and head North from there. :D