Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Possible GT14 I found ??

stevebo

I have been driving past this big wheel red tractor for over a year now and every time I stop, nobody is there. It is covered by a tarp. I stopped twice today and spoke to the owner. The model number is 1 7451 and the serial number is 630641. The motor is free and when we hooked the jumper up it just clicked. We tried to bypass the selinoid directly to the starter and still nothing. The started must be shot. The tractor is rough but not rusted as the owner has kept "red" paint on it. it has a hydro trans and and electric pto. This is a machine I have little to no knowledge about. Who out there can tell me what I was looking at and what it may be worth? I assume the wiring needs to be complelety done over and the tractor needs a restoration. It comes with a 42 inch deck with grease fittings. If you have any idea what it is or the value, please let me know. Thanks- Steve Bo

past7971

It's a 1970 GT-14

stevebo

Paul,

Any idea of the value?

WHC-125

Steve, :omg:

past7971

Not really without seeing it. Is it only the starter just shot? Is the engine still complete and any good? Does the electonic-ignition have spark? Is the hydro pump in transmission any good? Are the rearend gears any good? Does the electric PTO work? Is the original gas tank any good? Does it have a 3-point hitch on the back? It is still pretty much original without any hacking or modifications done? All these will affect what someone might pay for it. What do you think it's worth and/or what did seller think it was worth?

stevebo

This is what I can tell you.

the entire tractor was brush painted and also sprayed. The motor is complete however the wiring is an issue. The motor spins freely. No 3 point hitch. I was thinking about buying and with parting out or brining to the show in June to sell it. If anyone wants pics of it, pm me and I will send what I have. I know what it takes to make a tractor right with a restoration and this one needs a complete restoration. Assuming that, what is the value? The only thing I see missing is the dash cover. Thanks-

Teddy da Bear

Offer $300... I have 2 of the 1970 models.

past7971

Well lets see now :drool: ---your plans are to buy it just to tear it apart and try to sell the the untested components and parts or haul it all the way across a few state lines and still make a few bucks as figuring its value??? :omg: If thats the case, better not pay more than $100

WHC-125

Steve that would look really nice with another GT 14 next to mine in my barn :omg: :drool:

stevebo

Paul,

Good point. I am not that guy that buys a nice restoration project to part out and make a few bucks. I am also not the guy who will get upside down on my tractors. If I was into the GT14's and did not have 4 tractors to restore in front of it then I would buy it and then restore it. If I cannot buy it right then I will leave it for the next guy. Thanks for your advise. Steve Bo-

WHC-125

Paul,

Good point. I am not that guy that buys a nice restoration project to part out and make a few bucks. I am also not the guy who will get upside down on my tractors. If I was into the GT14's and did not have 4 tractors to restore in front of it then I would buy it and then restore it. If I cannot buy it right then I will leave it for the next guy. Thanks for your advise. Steve Bo-

Maybe I will be next in line