Sign in to follow this  
George

Lawn Ranger fuel tank

George

I am rebuilding an L-157. It is mostly finished except for a fuel tank. I have purchased 3 tanks already and none seam to fit. I don't know if I have the wrong tank or if I am using the wrong mounting bracket. Can someone send me a picture of the correct set up?

Another question about this tractor. When the hood is in place there is only about a 1/2 inch of clearing from the grill to the air cleaner. Does this sound correct? Every time I mount the hood it scratches the air cleaner and the steering shaft.

Thanks for your time.

CasualObserver

Does your L-157 should have an original Tecumseh engine? or a replacement? The original was a boxy rectangle shape with an extra tall spout to you didn't have to remove the hood to fill the tank. It was bolted directly to the engine. Sorry I don't have a better picture right now.

LawnRanger1-1.jpg

nwpahorseman

the clearance issues sound about right, its pretty tight. as far as the tank, is the one you are using a squared off tank, the rounded ones dont work.

George

Thanks for the picture. I had a Tecumseh H60 engine that I put on it. The first tank that I tried had the squared corners like in the picture but the spout did not line up with the hole in the hood. I just pick up a rounded tank. It's spout lines up with the hood but the tank is too big and the hood will not close.

The mounting bracket looks the same. So I just got to keep looking for a tank. Thanks for the replys.

TT

George....

If you were a little closer to me we'd move the filler neck to where ever you need it. If you can't buy it, make it! :drool:

Perhaps you know someone with a welder that could help you out? :omg:

George

Thanks for the offer Terry. I'm sorry I took so long to see your reply. I may live a fair distance from you, but I often work in State Colledge. I travel for work I could be in Boston one day and in Cleveland the next. I was talking to Bill Jenkins again today and sent him a copy of the picture that Lord Hellmutt posted. I hope he can locate one for me.

Thanks to all who replied. :omg: