Sign in to follow this  
porkchop

2 NEW HORSES

porkchop

I picked up a raider -12 and a 312-8 this weekend to add to my small stable along with my c-101 that is being rebuilt. The raider is tractor with snow blade weights and chains. The 312-8 came with snow blade, chains, weights and 42"deck. I will try to add pictures.

milleroct074.jpg

milleroct072.jpg

d180man

Hi nice find :thumbs: and tractors! :whistle:

TJ

Nice tractors. :thumbs:

TT

Looks like a pair of winners, "porkchop". :thumbs:

Out of curiosity..... what's the model number on the Raider? (I know it isn't what it appears to be a first glance and was wondering if it's a late '68 or a '69)

Teddy da Bear

Nice Score! :whistle:

But your date imprinted on your pics says you got them last year... :whistle: :thumbs:

Gerry w

Nice tractors, you will love that Raider! Looks almost like a copy of my 72 Raider.

Great pick up, please don't say you got them free or cheap like some folks here or I might start to cry! :thumbs:

mailman

I love that Raider! Cigar lighter too!

porkchop

Sorry the date was wrong on the pics. I can,t hardly use the computer or cell phone yet let alone the camera but I,m learning. Paid $200 for the raider off a guy here in town and $400 for the 312-8 from a co- worker. They both run great hope I didn,t pay too much!!

Gerry w

Sorry the date was wrong on the pics. I can,t hardly use the computer or cell phone yet let alone the camera but I,m learning. Paid $200 for the raider off a guy here in town and $400 for the 312-8 from a co- worker. They both run great hope I didn,t pay too much!!

I ASKED you not to say thatttttt!!!!!!!!! :omg:

porkchop

Hey TT the model # on the raider is 1 6231. What doe,s that tell you about the year??

TT

That it's a late 1968 (gear starter - not starter/generator) with the wrong decals.

It should look like this one:

IMG_4415.jpg

Very nice specimen though! :omg:

porkchop

Thanks for the info TT. Maybe someone changed hoods at some time. I,m just going to tape off the decals along with anything else thats not red and dress it up a little.

TT

The hood is correct - but the decals aren't. The last year for that hood was 1969 and the first year for that style decal was 1970. The hood might have been replaced by a dealer, or a previous owner might have just liked those decals better and changed them a few years later.

Does it happen to have the larger plastic gas tank?

porkchop

Yes it does have one it is red.

TT

Is the "tray" that it's mounted on as long as the tank? (towards the engine)

porkchop

Yes the tray is the same lenght as the tank. I also noticed it has the sticker from the dealer here in town that is now closed on the rear fender. This dealer sold alot of wheel horses over the years 1960,s to a couple of years ago. Now that I,m looking for them I think I should have lots of luck in my area.

Duff

Porkchop, nice score on the tractors! :omg: You certainly didn't get hurt on the prices, either!

If you're going to do some painting on the Raider, how about just changing to the correct decals after you've painted? :drool: We've got a member here who makes terrific reproduction decals!

Duff :drool:

porkchop

thanks for the info Duff. I,ll probably use this one like it is for now until I get the c-101 completed. I,ll need hose decals for the 101 though.

porkchop

Thanks for all the info.