Sign in to follow this  
dusted800

tiller attachment

dusted800

I have an old 1977 C120 with a tiller. I want to mount the tiller on my other tractor which is a 1986 417-8. My old tractor has the cable and a cross piece under the seat that the cable attaches to. I obviously can't use the same piece because there is a gas tank in the way on the 417. Does anyone have a picture or something so I can get an idea of what I have to do. Does anyone have these pieces used that would be willing to sell them. I am also looking for a starter for the Kt17 kohler. thanx. wnk.

Dual Wheels

Actually it does take the exact same parts. :omg: If you remove the seat and seat/fender pan you will see the tank is a "U" shape and the lift fits between the suports , the lift chain goes under the tank, the cable goes through the tube that should allready be there on top of the rear end. The only difference is a hydro and a 8 speed take a different lenghth fastener on the ball end of the cable that fastens to the tractor lift :drool:

dusted800

Thanx dual wheels, I will check this. I removed the seat and pan from the 417 and measured across the seat bracket and found that there is over an inch difference in length between the two tractors, called my wheelhorse dealer and said a crosshaft from an 84to about a 94 are all the same. wnk.

zieg72

Having the same issue, can't find the tube or a place for the tube on my 520H. Anyone have a picture?

Operator

You may or may not have the tube, but the flare end will be sticking out just a bit .

You can also get up under the front of tranny and look for a small hole right behind the lift arm try running a stiff wire [ a bendable stiff ] threw this hole and look behind under tank and you will see where it should come out, the wire will follow the tube. Keep in mind there may be crude inside tube and might have to clean it out.

Now if you by some chance don't have tube let me know, I have an extra one.

Randy

jtmoyer

The only difference is a hydro and a 8 speed take a different lenghth fastener on the ball end of the cable that fastens to the tractor lift :omg:

the 8 speed use a straight lift tube and the hydro's use a bent tube so it is routed under the hydro pump

if you need another tube for the 8 speed:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8866

zieg72

You may or may not have the tube, but the flare end will be sticking out just a bit .

You can also get up under the front of tranny and look for a small hole right behind the lift arm try running a stiff wire [ a bendable stiff ] threw this hole and look behind under tank and you will see where it should come out, the wire will follow the tube. Keep in mind there may be crude inside tube and might have to clean it out.

Now if you by some chance don't have tube let me know, I have an extra one.

Randy

Randy, I do need the tube. Email sent.