Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Fuel delivery problem solved.... YES!

Horse'n Around

Well after getting my 702 running last week and driving it around for the first time since I bought it in 2005 :whistle: . Yesterday,I went to start it to test my "new" starter generator.....while it started and at first it would rev but after a second it would only idle and then it died and for all practicle purposes wouldnt start and run after that :thumbs: . I had just rebuilt the carb so I knew it was fine and the problem was obviously fuel delivery, I figured it was the fuel pump . Well after fiddling around with it I checked the gas and it was full, I then checked the output of the fuel pump and it was fine too. So I tried again to start it and then it started :scratchead:hen .Then it dawned on me like a punch in the face.The vented gas cap is plugged up.When I removed the cap to check the gas, I allowed air to enter the tank.I swapped the cap with my other Horse and its fine, YIPEEEE :whistle:

Just something else to check if you are having fuel delivery trouble, it sure had me going for a while!

John

linen beige

:whistle:

Here's something that has happened to me a couple of times. I'll fire up my 702 and take it for a short spin. She runs fine for a few minutes then tries to die. A little choke as she's sputtering brings her back to life and she's good for a few more minutes. :whistle:

Turns out the sediment bowl has filled with water. When I hit a small bump just enough water sloshes into the line to make her cut out. :thumbs:

I guess I need to add dumping the sediment bowl to my start up routine.

Suburban 550

Had that happen to me, John. Drove me crazy. I finally pulled the fuel line off and no gas would come out. After I took the gas cap off the gas poured out. Sometime you just don't look for something so simple. Glad you got it goin'. :thumbs: