Sign in to follow this  
hounddoghundzsa

!@#$#>? sediment bowl

hounddoghundzsa

Sediment bowls leaking have been on ongoing problem for me. I've tryed making new gaskets with felt, cork and rubber. Some held up for a little while others failed instantly. This morning I went to Coia Implement to get new carb gaskets for my 854 so I figured I ask about the sediment bowl gaskets. They said they were discontinued long ago and I would just have to try making them. ( :thumbs: Like I said, little success for me!)

So, my next idea was to go to TSC to see what they had. I seen a couple screen/bowl gasket sets for JD, Ford and Massy Fergusons, none of which appeared to have the o rings for the fuel shut off.

Anyone with a cure to this problem let me know thanks!

Kelly

I see packs of them on ebay, I just bought two new complete sediment bowls off ebay and seen gaskets

hounddoghundzsa

Hi :omg: what size is it? we have some!for this bowl look it it is it the same

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

:drool:

Bought a new bowl from you guys this morning through Ebay. You wouldn't happen to have any RJ belt guards and a gas tank would you??? :drool:

-Hounddog

Rollerman

Scott sometimes that strap that goes around the sediment bowl will bow the area where the gasket/screen goes when they are overtightened...usually to prevent leaking.

If the housing is warped new gaskets won't help & you need to replace the whole sediment bowl/shutoff assembly.

They are pretty reasonable on ebay like Kelly mentioned or can be found at mower-garden tractor repair places.

I'd say you be better off replaceing the whole thing than hunting for gaskets that may not fix your leak.

hounddoghundzsa

I'd say you be better off replaceing the whole thing than hunting for gaskets that may not fix your leak.

Just did, thanks - for $10 I figured why not. Less headache in the long run.

Rollerman

Good deal :omg:

Been eyeballing those on ebay myself.

Kelly

I bought 2 complete set ups, the seller had make a offer so I did, and got both with shipping for $20 :omg: they are Oregon brand that I got.

sorekiwi

I've never had any luck with sediment bowls, old or new.

I have bought gaskets (cork) from TNTparts on ebay. They worked well but on that particular assembly I couldnt stop it leaking from the shut off valve.

On a different tractor I used a new reproduction from NAPA ($10 or $12 I think). I put it on, and it all seemed fine, but a couple of hours later it dumped a couple of quarts of fuel on my floor. Turns out the rubber bowl gasket on that one didnt like the fuel and swelled up. I should have taken it back, but in disgust I threw it away.

Now I just use a shut off on the tank, and an inline filter, which is a shame because I like the way they look on the old roundhoods.

Don1977

The sediment bowl gaskets where never design to handle alcohol. A lot of places you can only get gas with alcohol. Just another ideal that wasn't thought out.