Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

RJ 58

BairleaFarm

I got this tractor a few months ago and have been working on it. The PO did more stuff to this tractor than ive ever thought about doing to mine. Ive cobbled(hehe) this on together to make it drivable with and parts I had laying around. Ive got a K181 and a Freshly built B1290 coming for it in the near future. Im still undecided which one ill use. This tractor lived its previous life as a puller. Anyone know why they would add 2" to the overall length? I threw the rear hitch together with scraps just messing around but it seems to be good. This is just a rattle can job. We are moving at some point this year and next winter I plan on tearing it back down and giving it a correct paint job and replaced the worn stuff I didn't get this time. Some much has been cut up I dont plan on doing a full restore.

2-5-097-1.jpg

2-5-098.jpg

2-07-09.jpg

2-07-092.jpg

BairleaFarm

DSCN0013.jpg

2-15-09.jpg

Im horrible at painting wheels. When I paint htem the correct way ill definitely pull the tires off.

2-15-092.jpg

DSCN0172.JPG

When painting this I wondered how the seat pan got bent. I found out how once I installed the hitch.

DSCN0173.JPG

BairleaFarm

3-10-094.jpg

3-10-09.jpg

I know the thing on the hitch is backwards but I forgot to install them while I was building the hitch. The plow is as far up as it goes but seem low in the up position. The thing is heavy - real heavy. Electric lift will be going on this as soon as I have the motor to fab with.

3-12-09.jpg

3-12-094.jpg

hounddoghundzsa

The day I'm able to move a Wheel Horse into the house will be the day I'm single! :thumbs: Looks like your projest is coming out good - it'll be real nice once you get the hood on and painted. Those ags look awsome on that tractor, what size are they?

BairleaFarm

23x8.50x12

I cant believe my wife aggread to it either. My kids have enjoyed it to. Its in the TV room now and my son site on it and watched tv. He was pushing it around the other day.

Coadster32

I'm liking it. Truely a MANS castle!!

BairleaFarm

I'm liking it. Truely a MANS castle!!

Yeah it is, when Emily isnt home. She agreed to let me do a tractor a winter. :thumbs:

hounddoghundzsa

....and what size ags are they? Going to starting on my RJ as soon as the weather gets a little warmer!

past7971

Hi David---Thats really starting to look good. Judging by the smile and interest in that one photo, I'd say the kids are enjoying this project more than you- :thumbs: I was able to use some of my walk-in basement for projects but to be able to work on them like that--you have a VERY understanding Wife. Mines pretty easy going about my mentality but if I tried putting one in the living room, I think she would chase me with a rolling-pin to knock that idea out of my head :whistle: You stated that was a puller and I was eye-balling your frame--what engine did they use??? Sure looks longer between hood stand/rearend and the hood stand looks taller too. A K341 16hp RJ-58 maybe? Nice job on your hitch but I think if you can run cable to top bolt first, it will increase your leverage and lift easier. Keep us updated because I would like to see this one when done!!!

BairleaFarm

The tires are 23x8.50x12

They extended the frame and cut the hood in half so I can only assume they had a big engine. There was also a 2" pipe that connected the front to the rear.

d180man

Hi nice job i did that as a kid with a motorbike one time but my mom sead it had to be in my bed room it is fun getting them back out the doors! :whistle: but nice! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

David are you sure thats not a 59? :omg: The lift arm sector looks like a 59 to me, Looks good! :drool:

linen beige

David are you sure thats not a 59? :omg: The lift arm sector looks like a 59 to me, Looks good! :drool:

We've already been through this Duke. It's a home built lift.

2-2-092.jpg

2-2-093.jpg

rwilson

My wife just saw the pictures and befor I could even ask she said NO WAY. I guess I'll have to build the shed after all.

HorseFixer

Ohio_Tractor_Nut

I work on mine in my country shop 6 miles from home and my wife gets upset. I could only imagine what would happen if I assembled one on the dining room table. :drool: Unbelievable :omg:

Anyway, it looks nice ... love the tires also!