Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

300 series 8 speed

can whlvr

Here are afew pics of an 8 speed tranny apart,it is 23 years old with LOTS of hard work but is still in really good shape,had to put new bearings in and rebore and thread a new hole for the gearshift pin no big deal after 23 years. :thumbs:

001-1.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

MaineDad

Great idea with the set screw! Isn't it great how these things last?

clintonnut

Whoa...

Guys I see a 4 pinion 8 speed. I have never seen that before. TT needs to investigate this one!!!

Charlie

TT

Whoa...

Guys I see a 4 pinion 8 speed. I have never seen that before. TT needs to investigate this one!!!

You need to get out a little more then, Charlie. :thumbs:

GT-2500, 1100 Special, SB-421, SK-486, Work Horse GT1100/1142/1600/1642, 308, 310, & 312 models are a few of the 4 pinion / one inch axle 8 speed equipped tractors.

kpinnc

GT-2500, 1100 Special, SB-421, SK-486, Work Horse GT1100/1142/1600/1642, 308, 310, & 312 models are a few of the 4 pinion / one inch axle 8 speed equipped tractors.

Some of the 310-8 tractors are rumored to have additional holes in the diff carriers for adding gears to make them 8 pinion, though I have never seen one myself.

Kevin

can whlvr

I was hoping to see the extra holes for the 8 pinion,as i have extra pinion gears,got a diff and what was supposed to be 2 axles,only got 1 from ebay for 20 dollars,i thought a good deal since i paid 70 dollars a pinion and the dealer wanted 380 fon an axle :omg: but back to the topic,it only had 4 holes :drool: