Sign in to follow this  
bdanie7

what is this thing?

bdanie7

I saw this thing while making some deliveries and made arrangements purchase. The only tag I can find is on the headache bar.It says "SOLPER IND." I can't find anything on the net about it anywhere.It has a kohler twin and is fully hydraulic.

If anybody has a clue as to what it is or where I can get some info on it,PLease help.

1237581355.jpg

1237581356.jpg

1237581358.jpg

1237581360.jpg

1237581363.jpg

1237581364.jpg

This thing has been sitting for a few years and was a little stuck.I got the motor turning and all but one lever freed up.The guy had a few spare parts for it ,including a differential.I had thoughts of making it a 4 wheel drive since it is hydraulic drive.I figure a couple of mods and a few extra hoses, shouldn't be too difficult. :thumbs:

Thanks in advance for any help.It will be greatly appreciated.

CasualObserver

Looks like a Hesston to me.

Teddy da Bear

You made arrangements to purchase without knowing what it was first?

Now that is a "toy" addict! :thumbs:

I was thinking a "roof" brand utility vehicle.

rustbucket

i want one that thing looks kick butt.

rustbucket

looks like your coupler from the engine is missing the rubber spacer for between the metal teeth on either side of the cupler houseing. i know they sell them in TSC in the hydraulics section.

bdanie7

I did some searching,and believe your right.I only found 2 pictures of hesston mowers and no other info at all.

As for the coupler being missing,It was actualyy ther till I started cranking the motor.It sorta just desintegrated.TSC will be getting several visits from me on this project.All the hydraulic lines will need replaced and anything else rubber on it.

The hydro motor on the differential appears to be the same that the later Wheel Horse used.

If any one knows anywhere to get some more info on this thing ,I would greatly appreciate the help.

As far as buying it with out knowing what it is,I figured I could at least get my fifty dollars back in scrap.I think I like it enough to restore or rebuild it. :thumbs:

whchris

looks a lot like a kwik kut mower i had

CasualObserver

What little I can find says that it was called a Hesston Front Runner. Came in multiple HP 14-20 and at some point it is rumored that it was spun off from Agco to Toro. Maybe an email and picture to Toro customer service could yield some help?

bdanie7

I appreciate the help. I am finding very little about this thing.

Does that make it rare? :omg:

I have found a couple of archive forumns,with the same question. "what is it?"

I just thought it was kind of neat looking and decided I would like to have it.I havent decided if I regret the purchase yet.For what I paid I didn't go wrong.I just wish I could find an owners manual or any literature.

From what I have found,apparently it was only made in 71 and 72.I don't know how accurate that is .

bdanie7

Been a day or two. I got it running,with no smoke and no noises. :omg:

So far only one hydraulic line was bad,unfortunatelly it was for the steering. Makes for an interesting ride when it suddenly turns left.

actually work it pretty hard dragging an old truck frame out of the garage,except for a little tire slippage, it didn't wast to give up.

now if i can figure out how to make it 4 wheel drive,i think it will be pretty unstoppable.

I plan on getting some pictures posted with the progress.

just been having fun playing with and forgot the camera shots.

truckin88

I saw a guy mowing with a beige one yesterday and was wondering what the heck it was.