Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

freebie 416

rustyoldjunk

the guy who owned this emailed that he had an old wheel horse sitting "under the shed" if i wanted it i could come and haul it off.talking to him,he said it was an 8 speed and 16hp so i figured a c160 or 161.he also told me his father in law bought it new,had it about 12 years and handed it down to him.he said it hadnt been started in a couple of years.when i got there i couldnt believe what he was giving away.he said it was alway garaged or sheded up until two years ago when he parked it under his lean too beside the pole barn.i got it home aired up the flat tires,put the battery charger on it primed the carb and it fired right up.i took it for a test drive and it runs and drives about like new.the shifters are smooth and tight the steering is very tight and it should be because its only showing 306 hours.the battery is holding charge for now and it fires right up and runs great.it has a very nice deck with it too.i bought the disc you can see in the truck from him for $20 while i was there.because its in such nice condition i gave it a fast wash and wax.here are some just got home pics and a few after cleaning it up alittle. one thing it does need is a seat. ebaypictures229Custom.jpgebaypictures235Custom.jpgebaypictures228Custom.jpgebaypictures231Custom.jpgebaypictures234Custom.jpgebaypictures233Custom.jpg

rustyoldjunk

here is is after a little clean up. 1237489671.jpg1237489834.jpg1237489670.jpg1237489836.jpg1237489835-1.jpg1237489836-1.jpg

JimD

what a great stoke of luck! that looks like a fine machine. uh, you are gonna send him a thank you card, right? :thumbs:

WHC-125

what a great stoke of luck! that looks like a fine machine. uh, you are gonna send him a thank you card, right? :whistle:

I think a thank you card would be a great idea, Very Nice Machine and for free to boot. FREE IS ME!!! :thumbs:

phipsi27

:thumbs: WOW!!!!!!

Nice find!!!!

bt81camaro

:whistle: Great find!!! :thumbs:

Coadster32

Awesome stuff!! (i notice a few deere in the backround) :thumbs:

When is hunting season again??

d180man

Hi nice find :thumbs::whistle: that what i was looking for! :whistle: lol :dunno:

TJ

:thumbs:

CasualObserver

Awesome stuff!! (i notice a few deere in the backround) :whistle:

When is hunting season again??

What about the Gravely, two Sears and Allis? I think Jim's hunting season is well underway from the looks of it. :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

What a great stroke of luck! Freebie is such a nice word......lol

Say it....freebieeeeeee....freeeeeeeebieeeeee! Oh that is good...lol

But the trouble is....when you have had a freebie.....it is hard laying

out cash for other things. It makes me more frugal on wheel horse

items (ok cheap!)

Nice score! :thumbs:

bell

WOW, AWESOME SCORE JIM!!!

Is it going to be for sale? That would be a PERFECT mower for my mom and dad... :thumbs:

rustyoldjunk

i dont know yet Jon.im still debating but as nice as it starts runs,drives and looks along with the low hours im leaning towards using this one.on a side not,the clutch cylinder was a little sticky at first and i found by accident that the onan will pull a scary wheelie taking off in third if the clutch wont release then pops on out. :thumbs: on another side note toro says its a 94 model.on a third side i also hauled in a 92 wheel horse 242H yard tractor yesterday.im not sure i knew that they had ever made anything like it. it has the wheel horse frame with a vertical shaft 16hp briggs van guard.it has 8 inch front wheels and 12 inch rears.the release for the hydro is on the rear of the fender deck under the seat,its the best place i have seen a release lever put yet.

Horse Fanatic

What a score!!!!!!

wh500special

Holy smokes Jim, I'll give you twice what you paid for that thing!

Seriously, if it is a 1996 (gold lettering on the decals) and you want to sell it be sure to let me know after you check with Jon.

BTW - I completely forgot about swinging into Darlington this week :thumbs: , perhaps Monday/Tuesday you might be available???

GREAT score!

Steve

rustyoldjunk

I was begining to wonder if you for about me,Steve :dunno: just kidding but about any day would be fine as long as you give me a call first to let me know you are coming.Toro's website says the 416 is a 94 so it may not be the rare one you are looking for :thumbs: and i havent made my mind up yet,it was suppose to be for resale when i went and got but its darn nice... :whistle: Well i got 3 of my four smileys in :whistle: oops thats four....

BairleaFarm

Incredible haul. Looks clean. The only freebie ive ever gotten was a 1980s rusted out MTD.

HorseFixer

Nice find Jim! :thumbs: Looks like a bute