chip61

Field Day 2018

chip61

Cut tall wet thick grass Friday night and Sunday with my C160 (I hate to do that but it had to be cut) so I wasn't able to display it at Field Day like I usually do so I just took my Sears and Allis Chalmers. There were actually very few garden tractors up there this year, but Saturday someone brought a beautiful 520H and GT14-they were gone Saturday evening when I went back so I didn't get any pictures. A lot of work went into those tractors-much attention to detail. I am wondering if the owner is a member here.

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

I know what you mean about the wet grass it's a pain in the backside  to clean. I wish we had a tractor show to go to here in Nashville. We have farmers in the area but haven't heard of anything to even go to . 

JAinVA

Chip

Where was this field day held?

Tankman

Very fond of my Allis-Chalmers too! Grandson calls the B-10 "his."    Not yet Boy!  :ROTF:

B10-Lights.jpg.68f4fb2d11c2a7a01bab9a73a0471dd0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

chip61
1 hour ago, JAinVA said:

Chip

Where was this field day held?

It's in Rockville at the Goochland/Henrico line. Really good show-I'll remind you next year.

• Excellent 1

chip61

Don't see many Allis Chalmers around here. There used to be one at the show in addition to mine but I haven't seen it in a few years.  It's a real nice machine to mow with although the past few years it only does trailer duty.

JAinVA

Chip had I known it was that close I would have gone.Can you tell us the organizers?

chip61

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it sooner. It is sponsored by the Rockville-Centerville Steam and Gas Historical Association. Saturday was a nice day up there, but Sunday was a washout-got my truck and the two tractors covered in mud when I picked them up. 

• Like 1

Pullstart
19 hours ago, The Tool Crib said:

I know what you mean about the wet grass it's a pain in the backside  to clean. I wish we had a tractor show to go to here in Nashville. We have farmers in the area but haven't heard of anything to even go to . 

I cut my lawn yesterday while the dew was still on and when I was finished, I took the air nozzle with a 3’ wand on it and blew the underside on the deck off.  I try to use the hose to wash it normally, but the air seemed to do even better!  The deck is on my Scag ZTR and it’s

powdercoated but I imagine it would work the same with a painted or otherwise (rusty) deck too.  It sure helps to clean it off ASAP, instead of letting bake on after mowing, plus with the grass wet it seems to cut better.

chip61

If grass build up isn't too heavy I use compressed air too, but it's been so thick lately I have to use the water hose. I try to keep the bottom painted and I will spray periodically with oil of some sort so the grass will come off fairly easily. A friend of mine gave me some spray that he uses on his 4-wheelers to keep mud from sticking and that worked really well, but I forgot what it is called. I don't like cutting wet grass, but as low as Mathews county is it's hard to avoid.