mhlmeader

New member, new rj58

Machineguy

:WRS:

Nice little Wheel Horse you’ve got there! 

I’m sure one of the professors of RJ knowledge will be along soon to help with any and all details. 

Fun and very knowledgeable people here!

Welcome aboard! 

:banana-linedance: 

• Thanks 1

WHNJ701

Looks good,  all you need is a new shifter boot

I had an old briggs, that didn't run for years.  smoked like crazy when i got running .  added a bunch of marvel mystery oil to the engine oil ran it for awhile, most of the smoke cleared out, changed the oil to 10-30 and added a little Lucas no smoke. engine runs strong just a little bit of smoke on start up now.  it's a limited use machine so I don't plan on tearing it down

Edited by jabelman
  • Thanks 1

mhlmeader
2 minutes ago, jabelman said:

Looks good, I had an old briggs, that didn't run for years.  smoked like crazy when i got running .  added a bunch of marvel mystery oil to the engine oil ran it for awhile, most of the smoke cleared out, changed the oil to 10-30 and added a little Lucas no smoke. engine runs strong just a little bit of smoke on start up now.  it's a limited use machine so I don't plan on tearing it down

Thanks, yes this is gonna be limited use aswell, just puttin around the yard.

wallfish
39 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

the steering linkage certainly looks "engineered" outta pieces parts, but its fuctional.   Any info would be greatly appreciated.  The rear tranny where the wheels connect to the shafts dont look like pictures ive run across so far, so thats a mystery to me as well

Steering parts are definitely "engineered" but the rear hubs are correct factory parts or at least appear to be from the pics. Just painted black. The older tractors used those 3 hole hubs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

$550 is a reasonable price for a nice RJ-58

• Excellent 1

mhlmeader
19 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Thanks, the gentleman was retired and moving to florida....he was asking 650$, i offered 500$, we settled at 550$.  Located less than 10 miles from my house, so that helped aswell.  

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                                  You done Goooood!      A little smoke is no big deal and the steering is better than the factory parts.

Also, MASH is my all time favorite TV series and at our "Big Show" (Wheel Horse Collector Club Show) we have a MASH Pole.

C65D4918-C871-4B6B-89CC-A3A2B2EFAE4A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

mhlmeader
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                                  You done Goooood!      A little smoke is no big deal and the steering is better than the factory parts.

Also, MASH is my all time favorite TV series and at our "Big Show" (Wheel Horse Collector Club Show) we have a MASH Pole.

Ha, now i like that!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daron1965
24 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Very nice tractor. 

:text-welcomeconfetti:

The people on this site have always been very helpful. 

• Excellent 1

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

Nice tractor :text-goodpost:

• Thanks 1

Achto

:WRS: Sweet tractor!!

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

A fair price for your nice little RJ...

I know it's a replacement, but what is it's serial number from it's ID tag? 

welcomewagon.gif.31a7bc7ab30d406d3e77066f82c9e995.gif5ba837e32d2b3_righthorse2.png.d068bf016f18c669b5112401194b6f67.png

• Thanks 1

mhlmeader
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

A fair price for your nice little RJ...

I know it's a replacement, but what is it's serial number from it's ID tag? 

welcomewagon.gif.31a7bc7ab30d406d3e77066f82c9e995.gif5ba837e32d2b3_righthorse2.png.d068bf016f18c669b5112401194b6f67.png

Unfortunately there was no serial number on it.

ebinmaine

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Thanks 1

Machineguy
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Wait! Do I spy the now famous wardrobe of @pullstart in the background? 

:deadhorse::ROTF:

Edited by Machineguy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
8 hours ago, Machineguy said:

Wait! Do I spy the now famous wardrobe of @pullstart in the background? 

:deadhorse::ROTF:

Yep, look for a goofy face, shorts and boots, and you’ll find me!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  I sure do get around in the photo bomb department of The Big Show, INC!

• Haha 3

Pullstart

@mhlmeader :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:!

Eau Clair, I believe is home to an upcoming Wheelhorse parts auction, the 11th of next month I think I read on here somewhere...  great time to be stocking up on future projects! Nice RJ, by the way!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, pullstart said:

look for a goofy face, shorts and boots,

My brother from another mother right there ladies and gentlemen.

That is EXACTLY what I wear to work everyday of the year that it's above about 30 degrees or so.

Goofy face and boots are year-round of course......

• Haha 3

Chris G

Welcome to redsquare @mhlmeader and thats a nice rj ya got. @pullstart @ebinmaine I'm right there with ya on the boots and shorts. Drives my wife crazy, cause I will go anywhere dressed like that. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
30 minutes ago, Chris G said:

Welcome to redsquare @mhlmeader and thats a nice rj ya got. @pullstart @ebinmaine I'm right there with ya on the boots and shorts. Drives my wife crazy, cause I will go anywhere dressed like that. 

I'm sure you do realize that she probably has a lot better fashion sense and also Common Sense than you do. Such is the case with mine as well. Still, not going to stop me.....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm sure you do realize that she probably has a lot better fashion sense and also Common Sense than you do.

I don’t understand what you just said...  

• Haha 2

clueless

Nice tractor. :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

clueless
1 hour ago, Chris G said:

Cowgirls are truly the only people who can pull off the boots and shorts look B).

• Haha 3