Sign in to follow this  
GreenMntRanger

2 stage snowblower question

GreenMntRanger

Should a 418C have enough power to run a 2 stage snowblower?

peter lena

18 hp should have no problem running that blower, I think the most important area of resistance ,is the lack of  lubrication maintenance on any blower. any movement point, chain or belt tension pulley areas ,should be free and smooth to follow its design function. Most of the attachments you see have never, been lubricated to function. if the blower is in well maintained shape , keep it that way.  also learning how to use a blower helps out, using your gearing and keeping the blower speed constant will let you know what works best. I think this winter is going to be a heavy wet snow , favoring plowing. if you are lucky to have dry snow , you will have a great time , pete

• Like 1

MalMac

It will, but it was designed for the 520’s. A lot depends on the type of snow. Wet vs powdery. Also speed at which you travel. 

WVHillbilly520H
46 minutes ago, GreenMntRanger said:

Should a 418C have enough power to run a 2 stage snowblower?

As long as the engine is still strong I see no problem at all, the biggest issue is trying to steer all 300# hanging off the front even on my gear reduction steering it's still a struggle sometimes.

IMAG3955.jpg

• Like 2

GreenMntRanger

Thanks for the feedback guys. Up here in northern VT, we get more dry than heavy wet snow. And I have an incomplete blade set up I'm trying to piece together for my 414 as a fall back.

• Like 1

wallfish

418-C and 2 stage blower is exactly what I've been running for a few years . It'll have no problem throwing snow.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1