SimonC

What's missing mower deck

R. L. Addison

Remove shim plate & install bracket the way it was designed to be, & home free. I'm setting up a "mutt" (spare parts machine) & that is the only difference, except for your shim they are the same.

SimonC

hi guys,

first off, thanks a lot for all the help, you guys rock!

so I just got a second to go in the shed and look.

what was perceived as a shim plate was actually on top of the bracket holding the front mount (see pic).  I just removed the two first bolt to remove the extra plate.  Just so we are on the same page, this metal plate was there to hold another front mounted plate used to attach a winch to raise/lower the snow blower (at least that what it looked like).

should I conclude that this attach o matic bracket was custom made and that I should cut a piece off and use only the first two mounting holes ? 

edit----

looking at the pics @daveoman1966 provided, I would expect that behind that bracket there's a hidden frame hole,  if two mounting screws aren't enough, drilling that one on the bracket would give me the 3rd

thanks

mod_20180924_081852.jpg.8ded4b18ba5224f9fb411f9ee7ffbefc.jpg

Edited by SimonC

pfrederi

Raiders never had front mount tachmatics.  The PO fabricated something trying to replicate a later WH optional front hitch accesaorry set to put front tachmatics on older machineds  He didn't do it right.  I would pull lit all off an pick up  an 8-5551  IF you want to continue to use a front tachmatic

Twp pictures of the 8-5551 and the mid tachmatic. they can work together.  The last picture is the side frames of the 8-5551

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

SimonC

so the existing "custom" front mount seems to work fine with the snow blower.  belt length and all looked ok.  If I just unbolt, cut the excess length to match the real 8-5551 brackets length, should I expect issue with the mowing deck and the front tensioner.  it looks like the custom one I have might be a bit further away from the frame and a tad lower.

thanks

SimonC

I can't seem to find anyone selling 8-5551

pfrederi

The mule drive (tensioner) can make up a fair amount of any misalignment.  But you will have to try it to make sure.  Yes cutting off the shim plate (and you may need to trim a bit off the outer one as well) should reveal the hole you need and give you the space for the mid mount.

SimonC

took some pics of the current setup

20180924_114352.jpg

20180924_114253.jpg

20180924_114248.jpg

20180924_114242.jpg

pfrederi

Maybe ;looks a bit low and maybe forward...but only way to find out for sure is to try

SimonC
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Maybe ;looks a bit low and maybe forward...but only way to find out for sure is to try

aye, I need to find and order the chain since I dont think I can use the t-bar, and then cut those brackets, and install the mid mount plate, and then I can test and see .. list is getting longer and longer :)

SimonC
On 9/23/2018 at 5:27 PM, JAinVA said:

These may be redundant considering some of the other pictures posted but I hope they may help.The first shows where tachmatic plates mount to the frame.The second shows how all the assorted parts are located.The last 2 pictures are of the mounting the t-bar.

DSCF1892.JPG

on this picture that you posted, the hole that has something like a washer on it is used by my pedals, however I have the bottom one.  the bottom (to the right on the pic) is not what was provided on the exploded part diagram, would you guys think that it could still be used to install a lift t-bar for the mower deck ? 

thanks

Simon

JAinVA

The hole on the right is to low for the lift bar.The lift bar cross shaft can be seen on the lower left.This is where it mounts.

• Thanks 1