Cetan08

520 H hydro. lines

Cetan08

I put an Eaton 1100 in my 516H and it is all hooked up nice. My last task is to hook up the hydraulic lines. I am not going to install a lift or anything, just run the better pump. I know that there is one line that goes from the side of the pump to the filter but that leaves two ports on the front of the pump. One on top and the bottom. I believe that the top one is the suction line. None of the diagrams that I have show where these two go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Cetan08
typo

Achto

I believe the ports that you are taking about would be for a hydraulic lift. I you are not going to use them you can just loop them together.

Cetan08

I looked at the parts lists on partstree and can see where all the lines go except the one at the top front of the pump. It looks as though it goes into the trans. near the bottom but if I am not using a hydraulic lift I believe I can use the small reservoir that was hooked up to the Eaton 700.

Skipper

The top of the charge pump goes to the bottom of the sump in the trans. The pressure end goes to valve/cylinder and on to the filter, and then into the pump/motor housing, It is called a charge pump, because the pump/motor unit needs it to run the oil thru the filter, and feed the unit itself. It can as an added bonus be used to run implements. Therefor you can not bypass it, and neither do you need to. Just bypass the valve/cylinder, and go straight to the filter. (or you could install an oil cooler  in between instead)

Eaton documentation can be found here: http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@hyd/documents/content/pll_1616.pdf

Heres the repair manual: http://wh.classickitchensandmore.com/Manuals/91 520 H/ea11wh.pdf

Edited by Skipper
  • Excellent 1