Sparky

Custom rim color

Andy N.
9 hours ago, ryanh03k said:

Here are some I've used that work great. 

Supposedly they last longer than usual. Does anyone have any experience with an RJ25?

2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Why don't you canaries just welcome him to RS!:)

:text-welcomewave:@ryanh03k!!

rjg854
15 hours ago, ryanh03k said:

Here are some I've used that work great. 

Supposedly they last longer than usual. Does anyone have any experience with an RJ25?

:WRS: @ryanh03k

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs:

:wwp:

Greentored

Grey all the way!  Now squirt the sheetmetal in red oxide primer, a 'pee coat' of black, then sand through it to expose the red oxide here and there.:handgestures-thumbupright:

N875ED

With this discussion about wheel rim color, I thought I'd add this interesting tidbit...

I changed the front wheel on my 1995 520H last week and knew the outer rim had a rock strike or something in its history before coming to my stable. So, I wanted to straighten it and remove the rust that resulted from the broken paint at impact. Sanding it down revealed the almond color under the silver paint.

In true-to-form Wheel Horse frugality, they evidently had a number of almond wheels in inventory when they decided to change the wheel color to silver. So...simply paint over the original color with the new color and problem solved! It would be interesting to learn when the wheel color actually changed from almond to silver....I thought it was way before 1995. If so, they had a BUNCH of wheels in their inventory to change.

WH Wheel.JPG

• Like 1

Lee1977

The wheel coror changed to siver with the 300, 400 and 500 model.  i believe it was in 1985.

• Like 1

Digger 66

There's a piece of me that thinks maybe a very pale peach would look unique & cool .

With maybe some tasteful silver or red pinstripe added with the wheel on a lazy-Susan ?

5dVlwGH.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Digger 66 said:

There's a piece of me that thinks maybe a very pale peach would look unique & cool .

With maybe some tasteful silver or red pinstripe added with the wheel on a lazy-Susan ?

5dVlwGH.jpg

There’s a part of me that doesn’t see how that would look good with a red tractor, but please do prove me wrong :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

Digger 66
8 minutes ago, pullstart said:

There’s a part of me that doesn’t see how that would look good with a red tractor, but please do prove me wrong :handgestures-thumbupright:

Just an opinion amigo ;)

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
19 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

Just an opinion amigo ;)

Aint that what makes the world go ‘round and stay not so boring :handgestures-thumbupright:    I’m all for it, heck I have an big orange bed on the back of a Wheel Horse in the shop right now :laughing-rofl:

E4D83638-7AA6-4EF9-978A-E62AC2F69718.jpeg

• Haha 1

Tractorhead

So the idea with orange rims seems not a bad idea.😎

• Haha 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, Tractorhead said:

So the idea with orange rims seems not a bad idea.😎

:hide:

• Haha 2

dells68

Ok, gotta come to my buddy @pullstarts side.  I just don’t see that color on a red horse.  Now, if you were doing a custom tin color, it might work.  @Digger 66 go ahead and paint one up and show us what you’re thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

Has anyone googled RJ 25?

Ive never really seen one in person.

Edited by The Tool Crib