MichiHorse

700 prices

MichiHorse

Have a chance at this 700. Original motor, is running like new he says, All the way across the state. $550.00 Is it worth it?image.png.353707defac4ae35fdb5a08cc4344ddd.png37691256_2048556841823284_73407957525594

• Like 3

MichiHorse

Not sure why the picture came up twice, sorry...

Chris G

It looks like a nice machine. Value wise I am not to familiar with that model.

rjg854

It's a good looking tractor to be sure. And if it runs and drives good you just have to ask yourself if it's worth it to you.  It's difficult to say if the price in my area would be the same for yours.  There's been one listed here for $750 and it looks to be in a similar condition but it's still for sale for over a year now. 

It's what you're willing to pay. You can always offer less than the asking price. 

The Tuul Crib

Looks like a mid 60s model to me. A lot of similarities to the 655 to an 855.  Does it have a Tecumseh H 60 on it ?  not sure but somebody will come along and tell you for sure still it's a great looking machine! I would pay 550 for it!

Edited by The Tool Crib

squonk

That's a Workhorse700 not a more desirable 500 Special. Looks like a rattle can paint job.A few pieces wrong or missing. Not sure of your location but I'm thinking no more than 4

• Like 2

AMC RULES
50 minutes ago, squonk said:

I'm thinking no more than 4

:text-yeahthat: ...and ditto...if that. 

953 nut

:WRS:

2 hours ago, MichiHorse said:

All the way across the state.

If this is what you have been looking for then the price may be right, but add in the cost of a round trip and the price will be too high for most people for this tractor. If it was me I would look around locally, rather than spending money on traveling to the other side of the state. Michigan has lots of :wh:.

WHNJ701

invest in one with a kohler 

WHX??

Pardon their manners, :WRS: Michi, they just drooling over that horse and wishin, They do have a point on value tho but that seat is orginal and looks pretty decent. 550 is not way out of line but yes have to  factor in your cost to go get it. True the Techy is less than desired but still. 

Don't sweat the double pic ....any :wh: in my book is worth a double take! :)

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@MichiHorse :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Wild Bill in VA

The engine is not original, if you see the white paint on the side cover this indicates a replacement block. Now it still might be a H-70 but it is a replacement. The steering wheel has been replaced, look to see what may have been changed to make that steering wheel work. At $550 and the tractor is a good runner it is not a bad deal.

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: @MichiHorse, even though MI seems to have a lot of WheelHorse tractors, prices here seem to be higher than most from what I have found listed for sale.  It looks like a good runner to me and after picking up a 656 with a Tecumseh engine in June, I’m not so opposed to having more some day.  Keep us posted!

MichiHorse

Thank You all for your input. I believe Im going to offer him $400.00 and if not then I'll pass on this one. Again thank you all for your help.

WHNJ701
3 minutes ago, MichiHorse said:

Thank You all for your input. I believe Im going to offer him $400.00 and if not then I'll pass on this one. Again thank you all for your help.

smart 

kick

3A7C4DCE-B557-4884-B1FE-A2BC32B41329.png.dd7fa967be9eaa549616fbb05b0ca847.pngHere is one in my part of the world for 550. 

Pullstart
10 hours ago, kick said:

3A7C4DCE-B557-4884-B1FE-A2BC32B41329.png.dd7fa967be9eaa549616fbb05b0ca847.pngHere is one in my part of the world for 550. 

That is a totally different machine, equipped with a vertical shaft engine.  There was been quite a lot of discussion lately discussing the benefits and weaknesses of that type of lawn tractor.  Though it was probably the best vertical shaft mower of it’s time, I would personally not have much interest in it... especially if it doesn’t have a mower deck.

kick
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

That is a totally different machine, equipped with a vertical shaft engine.  There was been quite a lot of discussion lately discussing the benefits and weaknesses of that type of lawn tractor.  Though it was probably the best vertical shaft mower of it’s time, I would personally not have much interest in it... especially if it doesn’t have a mower deck.

I noticed the vertical shaft engine myself.  I’m not that knowledgeable with the earlier tractors.  Is it a lighter duty version or a totally different model?

Pullstart

Totally different model, same name