KC9KAS

Low Life People

KC9KAS

I have 2 Jacobsen tractors for sale from a family that sold these GT's back in the late 60's early 70's.

I have them listed for $500 for the pair. I am not going to take any money for helping this family......

I get a message from a guy asking, "what is your bottom dollar"?

I said, "Make an offer and I will take it to the owner to see what he says" The Guy says, $300 for the pair, so I tell the owner.

He said, sell 'em for $300. The guy wanted to come today and pick them up, but never got back with me on a time. He is less than an hour away.

So today, I get another text that he would like to lower the offer to $200!

I said get lost, as I am not going back to the owner with this AFTER the guy offered $300!

OK, rant over.....Thanks for listening!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

ebinmaine

The post title says it all....

Don't let em get to ya....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JAinVA

That is a sad tale.The other side is agreeing to buy something and making a road trip only to find the item has been sold while you are enroute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

Buying is SOOOO much more fun than selling

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

ztnoo

What models are they? Jacobson made 5 different GT tractors: 10 hp, 12 hp, 12 hp "H" (hydro), 14 hp, and 16 hp. All Kohler Ks are far as I know.

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/tractor-brands/jacobsen/jacobsen-lawn-tractors.html

Also, what comes with them? Any decks? Blades? Snowblowers, etc?

Where are you advertising them? I looked all over CL in central and southern IN and see nothing listed.

Also, I looked on Facebook Marketplace in southern Indiana and don't see anything.

Maybe just posting some pics of what they are in the "other brands" forum here might stir some interest from someone here, or maybe from someone they know.

Spreading the news around and broadening the playing field can't hurt a sales possibility.

Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

KC9KAS
7 hours ago, ztnoo said:

What models are they? Jacobson made 5 different GT tractors: 10 hp, 12 hp, 12 hp "H" (hydro), 14 hp, and 16 hp. All Kohler Ks are far as I know.

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/tractor-brands/jacobsen/jacobsen-lawn-tractors.html

Also, what comes with them? Any decks? Blades? Snowblowers, etc?

Where are you advertising them? I looked all over CL in central and southern IN and see nothing listed.

Also, I looked on Facebook Marketplace in southern Indiana and don't see anything.

Maybe just posting some pics of what they are in the "other brands" forum here might stir some interest from someone here, or maybe from someone they know.

Spreading the news around and broadening the playing field can't hurt a sales possibility.

Just a suggestion.

I had 5 or 6 photos and they were listed on 5 different marketplace sale sites. 1 is a 1000 and the other is a 1200 hydro.

I know the $500 starting price was high...makes the buyer feel better when they can work you down!

Sparky
10 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I get another text that he would like to lower the offer to $200!

I said get lost, as I am not going back to the owner with this AFTER the guy offered $300

That was the perfect time to text back that the new "bottom line price” is $400!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

I won't even offer a deal to anyone who wants to lowball you without even seeing them in person. You know darn well they won't honor their offer when they get there, they are trying to prevent other buyers from having the opportunity to come make an offer.   :soapbox:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

I won't even offer a deal to anyone who wants to lowball you without even seeing them in person. You know darn well they won't honor their offer when they get there, they are trying to prevent other buyers from having the opportunity to come make an offer.   :soapbox:

That's how I normally operate as well.

I've had very good luck so far dealing with everyone on this website. Sort of like I know you even though I don't. But if I'm selling on the open market...

You don't know me. You don't know what I'm selling. You have no idea who I am or what I represent or if the product is a diamond in the rough or just...  rough.

Face to face. Cash on the barrelhead.

Really the only way to fly.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy

I’ve dealt with many creeps in my time when selling stuff. Mostly on old cars and related parts. These type of people just make me feel gross when I encounter them. I don’t have time for that stuff and neither do the people reading this. :bitch:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy
13 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

I have 2 Jacobsen tractors for sale for a family that sold these GT's back in the late 60's early 70's.

I have them listed for $500 for the pair. I am not going to take any money for helping this family......

I get a message from a guy asking, "what is your bottom dollar"?

I said, "Make an offer and I will take it to the owner to see what he says" The Guy says, $300 for the pair, so I tell the owner.

He said, sell 'em for $300. The guy wanted to come today and pick them up, but never got back with me on a time. He is less than an hour away.

So today, I get another text that he would like to lower the offer to $200!

I said get lost, as I am not going back to the owner with this AFTER the guy offered $300!

OK, rant over.....Thanks for listening!

Glad you told them to get lost! I told a guy he was wasting my time and hung up on him. He called me back and asked me, who do you think you are? I replied more of a problem than you can afford obviously then he hung up on me :handgestures-thumbupright: If I’m asking $2,000 for something don’t offer me $500 cash and say it like a big shot. Geeez people! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy

I like a deal but most of the time people already know what it’s worth when they low ball you hoping to get one over on you . Just annoying and shameful. 

Now my rant is over! Lol

Edited by Machineguy

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

offer me $500 cash

Yeah but Bob. It's cash!!!

So it's only 25% of the value of the item. Who cares? It's cash!!

I like when they call or text about that and they say something like... I'll come over right now and pay you blah blah blah amount of cash.

I respond with either -. No you won't.

Or... I put... yes that's fine ... if you bring the rest of the money with it.

Cash... Cash!!

Hahahaha

boy it's a good thing they clarify what they want to pay with. I would have had no idea otherwise.

Well, I guess so. But I was so hoping to get $1,000 worth of used cotton balls or something.

• Haha 3

Machineguy
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah but Bob. It's cash!!!

So it's only 25% of the value of the item. Who cares? It's cash!!

I like when they call or text about that and they say something like... I'll come over right now and pay you blah blah blah amount of cash.

I respond with either -. No you won't.

Or... I put... yes that's fine ... if you bring the rest of the money with it.

Cash... Cash!!

Hahahaha

boy it's a good thing they clarify what they want to pay with. I would have had no idea otherwise.

Well, I guess so. But I was so hoping to get $1,000 worth of used cotton balls or something.

I’m surprised no one has ever offered me the prize tickets from ChuckE Cheese with their generously low CASH Money offer! :ROTF:

• Haha 3

WVHillbilly520H

Sometimes I feel like putting a ridiculously high asking price on things I sell just so the tire kickers that might have some Fun World tickets along with their bag of silver change might be able to talk me back down to what I would have normally asked for it  :confusion-confused: :angry-steamingears:...

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Sometimes I feel like putting a ridiculously high asking price on things I sell just so the tire kickers that might have some Fun World tickets along with their bag of silver change might be able to talk me back down to what I would have normally asked for it  :confusion-confused: :angry-steamingears:...

Doesn't seem like an unreasonable idea to me......

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1