71_Bronco

Front Plow Question

71_Bronco

Was just surfing the local CL ads, and there are a few front plows (rear attachments) for sale locally. They are all priced between $75 and $125 depending on condition.

There is one for sale about 20 minutes away (closest one) for $100.

Is this about the going price for a front plow? I know there are some attachments that can get pretty pricey, but I wasn't sure if the front plows were typically this inexpensive or not.

Thanks

daveoman1966

There are short and long-frame A-frame dozer blades....what tractor are you mounting the dozer blade on?   

There are also 2 different REQUIRED axle brackets too. 

71_Bronco

Tractor in question is a '71 Bronco 14, hydraulic lift. It has been converted to have the "tach-a-matic" style mid and front mount, and I have the set of rear mounts on the square axle tubes on the rear end.

From what I understand, this is one of the "long frame" models.

Obviously I'd have to make sure the plow / frame I get is compatible.

daveoman1966

Looks like this...Either width  42 or 48" will suit your Bronco 14.

DOZ 42 (2).jpg

DOZ 42 (10).jpg

MAD MARK
6 hours ago, 71_Bronco said:

Was just surfing the local CL ads, and there are a few front plows (rear attachments) for sale locally. They are all priced between $75 and $125 depending on condition.

There is one for sale about 20 minutes away (closest one) for $100.

Is this about the going price for a front plow? I know there are some attachments that can get pretty pricey, but I wasn't sure if the front plows were typically this inexpensive or not.

Thanks

And yes that is the going price. $100 with axle bracket would be great deal. Best Ive done is $125 with bracket. 

Ed Kennell

A good 48" blade with the long frame, blade angle lever and rod sell for 150 -200 in my area this time of year.   A clean axle bracket sells for 35-50.

Tankman
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Ed Kennell said:

A good 48" blade with the long frame, blade angle lever and rod sell for 150 -200 in my area this time of year.   A clean axle bracket sells for 35-50.

Price is about the same here in Perkasie, PA ('bout 20 miles south of Allentown).

I have a very good condition 42" plow, frame, axle mount, complete setup. I don't use it. Was thinking $150 for all, and I would sell.

Just never got around advertising the setup. Someday. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1