The Gman

C120 ready to restore........???

The Gman

You got to know it's gonna be a whopper when the ad says this and no pics because the cameras on the fritz. Too much wrong, abused and hacked to make it roll again. Didn't want to see it go to waste so it will donate itself for parts. The deck and thrower are salvagable and maybe the tranny. At worst the tranny can be a learning experience for me.

It is sad to see but I'll put it to good use. The engine is worth rebuilding.

I'm not the greatest welder but........ wow what a mess.

20180916_140239.jpg

20180916_140303.jpg

20180916_140346.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't understand why some one would do that to a :wh:, unless they started and figured out they could not put it back together.

• Like 1

The Gman
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I don't understand why some one would do that to a :wh:, unless they started and figured out they could not put it back together.

Me neither. It is so beaten and broken down. I know all about the quick fix, but this was the poster child for it!!!!!

Daron1965

Looks like a project that someone became overwhelmed with.  Who knows what happened. Probably had good intentions, that went way out of whack. 

I am glad it finally found a good stable. 

• Like 1

JAinVA

This is something that happens way to often.I'm sure someone had the best of intentions and didn't grasp the effort it takes to do the job.

• Like 1

953 nut

The worst part is you won't know what you have that is good without assembling it.

Achto

At least the PO gave the opportunity for some one to salvage or restore it. Some one in my area dropped 2 Horses off at our local dump station. Unfortunately they are not able to be rescued from there.:(   

• Sad 6

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

At least the PO gave the opportunity for some one to salvage or restore it. Some one in my area dropped 2 Horses off at our local dump station. Unfortunately they are not able to be rescued from there.:(   

I have plan A, plan B and plan C to rescue them...... You don't wanna know about plan C ... might involve some midnight work and some bolt cutters.... :ph34r:....I get busted ....but yer honor I was only trying to save some neglected horses from the glue factory...:)

Gotta applaud the G Man for taking the effort to save tho :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by WHX20
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Chris G

Definitely a common thing it seems now days. But it does open the door for folks like us to get a new project or at least a few more spots filled up in the parts inventory. 

• Like 1

The Gman
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The worst part is you won't know what you have that is good without assembling it.

Been thinking about doing that just to keep it all together in one place.

• Like 2

JAinVA

2018_07_12_1840.JPG.eea00b55a4b0dc7190ef2adff8d2a527.JPGYou guys know that the easiest part is the disassembly phase.Rusted bolts  and screws not withstanding.Once apart.time and money come into play.I have a 312a that I have been resurrecting for 2yrs.It is almost done but you have to stay focused.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 5

ronhatch

"you have to stay focused" What's that?  They have these visions of a restored tractor in their head  but when they find out there's work and an effort involved, forget it.  It 's easier to go turn on the TV and fall a sleep.  Or worse yet, start another project that will end up half done. Now you got me all worked up and on a rant. :bitch:

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 3

JAinVA

Didn't mean to get your blood pressure up.You hit it on the head.There have been a number of times that someone on  this forum shows us pictures of a project machine they are looking at.When I comment that they need to think about the effort it takes to get their vision to a reality a lot here, go do it.I think the photos posted show what happens most times.I hate to be a wet blanket but as someone who has been around the antique tractor scene for many years I have seen this before.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Sad 1

Achto
6 hours ago, ronhatch said:

"you have to stay focused" What's that?

January 2018

IMG_20180105_164733165-min.jpg.eebd22cb79be760b16278ea8ad84be49.jpg

April 2018

DSCN1926-min.JPG.b9354a6c17b5cac06f3a1188776f92b4.JPG

Edited by Achto
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 4

Lane Ranger

Hey if it takes time and you don't have it all in a row you do as time allows. 

I still have tractors from seven or eight years ago that I am going to restore and some are in in various states of "completeness"!  

My "staying focused" is just to remember i have that tractor to redo among the herd!

The Gman wants to do the right thing!

• Like 3

The Gman
1 hour ago, Lane Ranger said:

I still have tractors from seven or eight years ago that I am going to restore and some are in in various states of "completeness"!  

And some are destined to serve others. This one just donated it's lift arm for a plow on the sk486 I'm refreshing for my neice. She's on a limited budget, lives a little north of me and is in the snow belt. Her 8 hp 26 wide big box store walker just doesn't cut it (clear it B)). She's getting this for 1/2  of what I paid for it and at my cost for parts. Why,  its family and because I love what I do. She picked the colour, so long as it was red. Not a resoration, but strong, stout and proud again thanks to some othe horses. Gonna buy and donate a full decal set to the cause as well. Good for another 30 years I'd say.

20180912_131947.jpg

20180912_131848.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart
On 9/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, The Gman said:

And some are destined to serve others. This one just donated it's lift arm for a plow on the sk486 I'm refreshing for my neice. She's on a limited budget, lives a little north of me and is in the snow belt. Her 8 hp 26 wide big box store walker just doesn't cut it (clear it B)). She's getting this for 1/2  of what I paid for it and at my cost for parts. Why,  its family and because I love what I do. She picked the colour, so long as it was red. Not a resoration, but strong, stout and proud again thanks to some othe horses. Gonna buy and donate a full decal set to the cause as well. Good for another 30 years I'd say.

20180912_131947.jpg

20180912_131848.jpg

What color red is this?

The Gman

It's rustoleum apple red. Looks like fire red in the shade which is still a shade or more up from regal red.

My neice's favorite colour is baby blue. I said....:hilarious:that ain't happining :violence-duel:so she picked apple red.

Whewwwww........ avoided a clan war.

• Haha 3

WHX??

I hear ya G-man...  wife wants one in candy apple red which is fine with me but then I ask her would you like gold or silver glitter undertones and she goes blank. :)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1