953 nut

Wife's Bucket List Trip. aka; why I haven't been on RedSquare lately.

stevasaurus

It's very cool to do things on the bucket list...  I guess going over the falls in a barrel was not on the list??  :banana-linedance:

BTW...the falls are excellent in January, and you usually have them to yourselves.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

KC9KAS

Yes, @953 nut the falls are so much better from the Canadian side!

Glad you (and the wife) enjoyed the trip and had safe travels.

• Like 2

peter lena

go into Toronto, great international city, be sure to visit the CN TOWER , when I went it had the fastest elevator in the world, the views are amazing , pete

• Like 3

oldredrider

About 12 or 15 years ago, I made a deal for some Wheel Horse implements with a man in Rochester NY. 

Then I told the wife!

Asked her if she was up for a road trip there. She asked what was around there to sight see. I mentioned Niagara Falls and she started packing the truck.

Long story short, picked up the implements and headed to the falls. Had a great time there seeing them from both sides and cruising around Canada as neither if us had been out of the country.

The memories made will last a life time.

The man with the implements is one of my best friends and we talk weekly and have met up at the Big Show many times. Made another trip to see him in the summer of '17 to help him clean up his garage. Unfortunately,  he wasn't able to make it to the show this year but sent his son to pick up a Suburban I restored for him.

I highly recommend everyone hit the road, meet people and do and see things you only dream about. Life's short and you only live once. Don't go outta here with regrets for the things you "should have" done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Steve beat me to the barrel thing Richard :lol:.. I shouldn't laugh..... I went and picked up a tractor in the UP/Lake Superior  once and to appease my wife I took her looking for sea glass on the same trip..... guess what I had to this weekend? I told her I would take her looking for sea glass in that area any time if she would check CL in the area for horses.....hows that for reverse psychology? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19richie66

Went to Canada in February, 2001 and the falls were beautiful. The water at the bottom was froze over, boats put away and the falls were spectacular especially from the Canadian side. I stood at the side of the falls at the visitor center. The sound of the water going over the edge was awesome. Glad I got to see it. Could have stood there for days. 

• Like 2

wallfish

Glad you got to knock one off the list. It is amazing there.

Spent 10 days about 10 or 11 years ago and we did every tourist thing we could get to including the helicopter rides. But the best view, besides the boat ride right up to the bottom, was from our hotel room window. Can't remember the name of it but we had a top floor room directly across the street and up the hill from the falls. It was right behind that ride which takes people up and down that hill.

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

directly across the street and up the hill from the falls. It was right behind that ride which takes people up and down that hill.

:handgestures-thumbupright:                That was probably the Hilton, it is right in front of the "Incline". Lots of great views along Fallsview Drive.

• Like 1