WVHillbilly520H

Churchville (VA) Fall Festival

WVHillbilly520H

Local show for me, where I actually found the C-160 with 2stage for sale a few years ago...

IMAG4963.jpg

IMAG0831.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520HWhere the ding dong is Churchville ? Us flat landers don't know much about them hills. Hope you are making out ok with rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WVHillbilly520H

15 minutes Northwest of Staunton right off exit 225 of Interstate 81, rain not bad yet.

tunahead72

Thanks for posting this Mister Hillbilly. I know exactly where Churchville is, it's on my way to our place in Millboro, and just by chance I'll actually be down there this weekend weather permitting. I'll try to get there Saturday, hope to see you there!

By the way, if I'm seeing your second photo correctly, the road across the street between the two buildings is Rte. 42, which is a really nice road to drive, even with a small trailer if you take it easy. It's one of my favorites in that area, mostly smooth, gentle curves, nice scenery, probably a great motorcycle road. I know the section between Bridgewater and Millboro Springs pretty well, further north just gets you into Harrisonburg traffic, but south of MS is pretty nice too.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

tunahead72

Hey all...

Just passing through Churchville, this show's been postponed because of all the rain in the area recently. New date is Oct. 17.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Thanks Ed, hadn't heard anything till now.

Machineguy

Love the blue 3 door Suburban, K5 Blazer and the super sweet Red GTO! That 57 gasser is pretty cool too! Thanks for sharing!! 

First fast car I ever rode in was a 66 GTO with a stroked 400 Pontiac, Muncie crash box with straight cut gears and no syncros with a 12 Bolt and 4:88 gears with Strange axles. South side lift bars and M&H race masters. It left so hard at about 5,000rpm it’d knock the wind out of you with the tires hot! I was 14 and I’ve been hooked on muscle cars since!!! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H  What did they stuff in that Morris Minor ?

• Like 1

Pullstart

I like that sea green 73-78 Chevy next to the orange Ranger!  Thanks for sharing @WVHillbilly520H :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H  What did they stuff in that Morris Minor ?

Seems like if you want a street rod all you need to is stuff a chromed up Small Block Chevy 'tween them fenders, kinda like the blown Ranger, that red Stud is turbo forced induction 4.3L Chevy V-6, and unfortunately for me the "G-body" was under represented maybe next I'll roll in my 'BU. 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

I like them all !!! I really like the '41 Willys & the Studebaker truck. Thanks for giving us a sample of the show Jeff.

• Like 1

Achto

I like them all !!! I really like the '41 Willys & the Studebaker truck. Thanks for giving us a sample of the show Jeff.

• Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Seems like if you want a street rod all you need to is stuff a chromed up Small Block Chevy 'tween them fenders

Most Rodders can't afford to build a MOPAR. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Machineguy

I feel sad for the younger people that have never experienced a big block screaming at 6,500 and feeling the torque of a manual trans power shifted! The guy I rode with in the GTO was a master at jamming gears! Much like Grumpy Jenkins!! 

• Like 2

Machineguy

Enjoy the sound of that rat motor!! 

• Excellent 4

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Enjoy the sound of that rat motor!! 

THAT is awesome.....

@WVHillbilly520H

Thanks for pulling me in on this one !!!

Trina and I both really enjoyed the pics.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

cschannuth

@WVHillbilly520H thanks for including me.  That's a little nicer than my Ranger.  I love all the rides...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Machineguy

:text-offtopic:

For the history buffs, Lexington Va, is where this car show took place and is very historic. The home of VMI and Washington And Lee University. The tomb of Robert E. Lee is in the chapel on campus. The university is named for him and his wife. His wife is the great grand daughter of George Washington. 

Lee was the strategic mind of his age and was Lincoln’s first choice to head the US military. Lee declined and stated he was a Virginian first. Despite stereotypes he was by all means an intelligent man. His former estate is now Arlington National Cemetery. 

Lexington is the resting place of Stonewall Jackson and many other people that shaped our nation. I hope to visit Gettysburg while at the Big Show and thought I’d mention the history 3 hours South of there! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
54 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

I feel sad for the younger people that have never experienced a big block screaming at 6,500 and feeling the torque of a manual trans power shifted! The guy I rode with in the GTO was a master at jamming gears! Much like Grumpy Jenkins!! 

That's one of the biggest reasons I have kept this car so long, is my boy back home always had a blast when I took him for a little :auto-layrubber: around on the back roads, also had buddy loose a bet that he could grab a C note off the dash on take off after heating up the tires...good times...

100_0071.JPG

• Excellent 3

Machineguy

Oh BTW, Robert E Lee’s father was one of seven Virginia signers of the Declaration of Independence. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson are just a couple other Virginia folks. :handgestures-thumbupright:

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Jeff for including the super sweet ‘66 Goat—I know you are a Bow tie man all the way yet you know I like those arrowheads! Looks like a great show and a fun time!  Thanks for taking us on the journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

That GTO has McNamara Pontiac logo on the quarter panel. I used to deliver parts to them back in the late 80’s. Long gone now to development. Thanks for the pictures!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1