Machineguy

Thank you

stevasaurus

Hey Jim...didn't you get to buy a new truck because of the wine stains???   :think:   :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 3

WHX??
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, Machineguy said:

plan on being at the “Big Show” next year!

That's you best bet Guy, meet some folks, shake some hands, have a meal with them,  drool on some tractors. More fun than a barrel of monkeys! :)

Ahhh Hummm ....got a point Steve... guess you are good for something other than fixing trannys... :beer::occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Stormin

I got into Wheel Horses by accident some years back while looking for info on a C-125 I acquired. Still got it and it now has stable mates. Through this site I've made and met some good friends over here in jolly old England. Also friends over there in the good ole U.S.A.  though I doubt we'll ever meet.

So a big thankyou to Neil and all the rest of you. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

WHX??
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, dells68 said:

always seemed to compete with each other

Ya know Dells you have a good point there as well. Of all the shows I go to in a year I think there is only one that has a best in show award. That means no infighting about who's got the best whatever. Here is like ...their all cool in their own way from the nicest trailer queen right down to the beat up tractor to the franken horse. A buddy of mine saw one of my tractors and said I bet you win a lot of trophies with that. He was surprised to learn there are no  trophies at tractor shows. Food for thought there.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

rjg854

I can only second what most have said, this is pretty much the only site I continually frequent.  Many wonderful people and a fantastic place for anything Wheel Horse. This is a place where you can ask and receive. 

The Big Show is a family reunion only with people that you like and share an interest with. :ychain:   It's so much fun that it never seems to last long enough, and ends to soon.  And the year between shows, forever. 

I'd like to thank you all for being a great part of it :thanks: and :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

The sad part about here is the talent that got lost through the years through mortality or just plain out of the hobby. Dig around in the basement sometime and you'll see what I mean. Some threads down there that have some really good info...'specially the instructionals.  The guys that have been here awhile know what I'm sayin. The good news is we do get some youth in here that add new life. Moral of the story is get your kids into the hobby and here waaayyy better than video games!

• Excellent 3

Machineguy
45 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

The sad part about here is the talent that got lost through the years through mortality or just plain out of the hobby. Dig around in the basement sometime and you'll see what I mean. Some threads down there that have some really good info...'specially the instructionals.  The guys that have been here awhile know what I'm sayin. The good news is we do get some youth in here that add new life. Moral of the story is get your kids into the hobby and here waaayyy better than video games!

Sadly many kids nowadays just see things like these little tractors as work. I have a nephew that seems to think anything that you have to manually do and get dirty doing is for stupid or poor people and he doesn’t understand his video games are garbage to be thrown out in a few years. 

I’ve always enjoyed working on things I can use. Ive never seen a video gaming unit or setup that will mow the yard, remove snow or disk a garden. I know several people that have way more money in gaming setups than I have in all my GT’s and soon they’re gonna be as irrelevant as VHS. 

To each his own but I hope this trend will change. 

I work for a large Caterpillar dealership at our reman and reconditioning center. We rebuild and salvage every aspect of the larger mining equipment and large construction equipment. Wrenching is second nature to me and I understand how to rebuild,repair and salvage most things people would throw away. These procedures are very handy on little tractors. I’m lucky that I have lots of experience with things like this. That’s the beauty of a forum like this too. The guys that like these red machines but don’t know the repair aspect can reach out to people that are well experienced. People like myself can talk with others and relate their past experiences and interests too. Great forum here for sure! 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1