GITTER-DUNN

What do I have and what is it worth?

GITTER-DUNN

I'm new to the forum so please help me if I'm not doing something properly.  I am looking for some help from people way more familiar with this stuff then me.  Not sure what any of this stuff is worth so I'm looking for some idea's to sell it.  I'll post some pics of what I have.  I also have all the transmission parts but it is disassembled due to a major internal failure.

003.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

LetgoImg1481204214443.jpg

LetgoImg1481204215379.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

LetgoImg1481204216162.jpg

wallfish

:WRS:

What you have is what's left of a 1960 model 400. Unfortunately it's missing most of the items which are more commonly missing. Like the original engine, gas tank, throttle/choke controls, fenders/toolbox and belt guard. All that stuff is in higher demand.

Sorry I can't really help you with price,  what I will pay is certainly different than what others may. There is still some value there as we have seen worse than that come back to life with the right person restoring it.

• Like 2

Skipper

If the hood ain't cut, and if the steering components are not worn (too much) that's where the value is in that horse IMO.  Those are among the typical problems, and worht a good penny to someone restoring a suburban. If those are good, I'm sure there are many interested in the parts. I would be!

Edited by Skipper
Because I'm semi old and forgetfull..........
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:think: On a good day...

the Suburban plow and it's mount should fetch you $100. 

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

WHNJ701

any pics of the bike behind it?

• Like 2

GITTER-DUNN
20 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If the hood ain't cut, and if the steering components are not worn (too much) that's where the value is in that horse IMO.  Those are among the typical problems, and worht a good penny to someone restoring a suburban. If those are good, I'm sure there are many interested in the parts. I would be!

GITTER-DUNN

I'll try and get some more complete and better pics tonight.  I'm looking to be fair just not wanting to give stuff away that's all.  It was bought new by a family member and I really hate to get rid of it but after the tranny went it got disassembled and that's where it stopped.  Just trying to clean up a bunch of projects taking up room.  Also gonna have a few Massey Ferg's I'm probably gonna be letting go also.  I think they are MF10 or MF12.  1 is a hydro and 1 is gear drive.

Thank you guys for your help so far!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Chris G

i would agree that its a 1960 suburban 400.  But i would also like to see some more pics of the bike in the background. That looks to be a mid 60s Harley Davidson M50. 

GITTER-DUNN

Sorry, it's already sold.  That was another project that I unfortunately never got to.  Kept it for 20 years but just never happened. Kids and health problems just would never let me.

• Like 1