McGrew

Plastic Coated Wheel Weights

McGrew

OK, Gents, I acquired these wheel weights when I inheriterd a 71 model Raider 10.  I see a lot of love for the cast iron weights, but not so much for the plastic coated ones.  Even though I assume they would function just as well?  I do not see any marking on them anywhere, so I am guessing they are not Wheel Horse?  If not, who made them?  And what is inside these things?  Based on their weight, they feel heavier than concrete?  I am guessing they weigh around 50 lbs each?   Not that it matters, but do they have any value?  They are not going anywhere since I got this tractor from my Dad, and they have more sentimental value than anything else.  I’m getting ready to mount them and start pushing some dirt...  Thanks!  Danny

6C6A34E8-4788-44B3-A6E0-9A44998F0683.jpeg

F90B68DF-D252-498D-943A-8D7A591EB2AD.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

The resale value is less than that of steel but pounds is pounds.... On a tractor.

• Like 3

WHNJ701

use them, otherwise they are worthless, I had a similar concrete set on ebay with a buy it now for .99 cents and guess what nobody bought them!  so they got busted up to get rid of

SylvanLakeWH

Put them on and enjoy the tractor...

Weight is weight...

I have used old dumbbell weights - paid my favorite four letter word for them...FREE...And my C-105 does not care or complain that they are not "Wheel Horse" brand...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

McGrew

Thanks guys!  I will have them mounted tomorrow!   So they are concrete filled?   I would have sworn they felt heavier?  

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, McGrew said:

Thanks guys!  I will have them mounted tomorrow!   So they are concrete filled?   I would have sworn they felt heavier?  

If they're factory produced they're most likely concrete filled.

I've heard of home made ones with lead fishing weights poured in then the case filled with epoxy resin to stop the rattling.

KC9KAS
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

but pounds is pounds

On me too! :ROTF:

• Haha 2

Tankman

These brake drums are concrete filled. Hey, works. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Weight when ya need it.

Wheel_Weights.jpg.5a98f0f645556cb89fef3deb0df2900e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

McGrew

I am 99% sure they are factory.  There is a filler plug on thr back, so concrete is likely.  The only reason I questioned the material inside is because I work around concrete every day.  Concrete weighs 150 lb/cubic foot.  These feel heavy to me based on their volume.  Or, I could just be getting weak!  Danny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1