wheelhorseman

Farmhand farm handy

Achto

Very cool Lowell !! :handgestures-thumbupright: I know that the Farmhand garden tractors were rebranded Jacobsen's. Did they use a Jacobsen transmission in the Farm Handy?

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Looks like a handy little rig to have around the ranch. Gotta be pre 68 with the S/G motor. I am supposed to go look at a Farmhand but seller says it's got a Briggs on it and I doubt if it's restoed. Might be just a rebranded Jake like Dan says.

Does the front rotate 360 deg like a Swisher?  11MPH is boogieing right along. :lol:

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 2

wheelhorseman
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Very cool Lowell !! :handgestures-thumbupright: I know that the Farmhand garden tractors were rebranded Jacobsen's. Did they use a Jacobsen transmission in the Farm Handy?

I don’t think so Dan this is much heavier and wider then a garden tractor 

5 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Does the front rotate 360 deg like a Swisher?

No the front tire stops at about 70 degrees each way

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Yah sorry Lowell but the guy didn't pan out. I mean it was a nice tractor but not what we look for. Was a Farm King or Farm Land  so easy to get confused ...'specially for me :rolleyes:

Thing was a real beast and might have been worth the 100 clams he was asking or better with some collectors. Briggs 16 hp high head large bore motor with S/G  and inline mount. Full hydro/hydraulics &  new knockoff carb.   Had a tiller and a cultivator to go with. Tiller was a monster and a working 3pt?!?! Looked like everything was all there. I got pics but didn't turn out. Down side the dash and a few other things were trashed. Looked like it sat inside tho. Not to steal your thread here but this might be a gem in the ruff.

Dan you get time to come scope out this guys yard you might find things I am missing. You would enjoy meeting this guy.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Awesome!! I saw that ad on Craigslist and was intrigued by the pictures. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

• Like 3

Chris G

That is a very handy and nice looking machine.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

Man, thats cool! I really love old iron! If I was wealthy, I would need a bunch of land because I would own a lot of old equipment!! 

That's gonna be a dandy tractor show cruiser! 

Randy

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:I'm  there with ya Randy....:)

• Like 1

Farm Handy

Hi my dad has an all original farm handy that he got from his uncle many years ago. I grew up using/riding it, they are cool little units. He actually just dug it out of the shed and got it running last week. Looking forward to getymy kids on it. Have you been able to find any manuals or other literature?

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, Farm Handy said:

Hi my dad has an all original farm handy that he got from his uncle many years ago. I grew up using/riding it, they are cool little units. He actually just dug it out of the shed and got it running last week. Looking forward to getymy kids on it. Have you been able to find any manuals or other literature?

:WRS:

The  cool factor on one of these is off scale high, love the look.    :wwp:     perhaps Lowell @wheelhorseman can help.

• Like 1

wheelhorseman
8 hours ago, Farm Handy said:

First off I love your name!!! And no I haven’t  been able to find only a newspaper article online and a few tidbits in a form but no literature whatsoever that I know of exists. I will send you a PM I have a few questions for you

• Like 1

Blaircurrent
On 9/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, wheelhorseman said:

So I picked this up a few weeks ago and thought I would share it on here. Made by Farmhand in 1966 or 67 the model is a farm handy there’s not much information on them and very few around, supposedly they were made for harvesting sugar beets back in the day. It has a 8hp Kohler motor with a 4 speed transmission/rear end. The clutch petal works like a wheel horse (clutch/brake) and there is a petal on each side so you don’t need to sit in the middle to drive it and top speed is around 11 mph.

CA34793C-0004-4BB2-9615-9E45B2DE6EDD.jpeg

Hello my name is Riley we have a farm handy serial number 220 we would love to talk to you about yours and really want to get together at a show with others that have a farm handy I have found a original blueprint manual and have learned a lot about them and their original use please feel free to call me or email me  

phone number 9379019431

email blairtruck2122@gmail.com

18860245-E533-4B3B-969C-51E7A9CCEF12.jpeg

• Like 3

Blaircurrent

Anyone one that has a farm handy please contact me we would love to talk and share information 

would also like to add another to our collection if interested in selling 

but really want to chat about it 

Hello my name is Riley we have a farm handy serial number 220 we would love to talk to you about yours and really want to get together at a show with others that have a farm handy I have found a original blueprint manual and have learned a lot about them and their original use please feel free to call me or email me  

phone number 9379019431

email blairtruck2122@gmail.com

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS: that's a really unique unit you've got there, thanks for sharing the :text-coolphotos:

I would also add, careful sharing your contact information on an open forum like this ;)

• Like 3

wheelhorseman

Well, another Farm Handy coming home to Minnesota this one has factory duels!  If anybody has any questions or wants some information on this or if you have a farmhandy you can call me at 507-213-6346

E11C10EF-7BF5-4090-9E05-C2FF6E8C4EA6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Does this mean you are going to sell me your other one?!?!

20210709_080834.jpg

• Haha 1

wheelhorseman
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Does this mean you are going to sell me your other one?!?!

20210709_080834.jpg

No sorry Jim I was thinking his and hers🤷‍♂️😂

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

I was thinking a certain newly weds to be had dibs ... room for for a baby crib in the back! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rjg854
11 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

No sorry Jim I was thinking his and hers🤷‍♂️😂

I'm pretty sure I know who gets the dual wheeled one.  :teasing-poke:

:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 1

WHX??

Just out of curiosity Lowell where do you have to go to get it? 

Dan and I are going to mid Iowa in a couple of weeks ending up in Medford if it workd for hauling help. 

IMG_20230220_102613491.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

wheelhorseman

I’m at the Florida flywheelers show as we speak, so I’m hauling it home. Thanks though 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, wheelhorseman said:

I’m at the Florida flywheelers show as we speak, so I’m hauling it home. Thanks though 

Say hello to Ralph & Rodney if they are there. 

wheelhorseman
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Say hello to Ralph & Rodney if they are there. 

Will do, we are bunking with them

• Like 2