pfrederi

Most useful uncommon implement

Sailman

Had a C-160 I almost bought. Came with several implements. Most uncommon one was the front mounted AIR COMPRESSOR. Ran off the PTO. 

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Sailman said:

Had a C-160 I almost bought. Came with several implements. Most uncommon one was the front mounted AIR COMPRESSOR. Ran off the PTO. 

That's one I think about quite often. 

Maybe combined with a generator.  

@Rob J. Or maybe @OldWorkHorse and I have thought it out.   

Darb1964

I have a water pump that I rigged up for the front of my WH. I use it all summer to water my gardens and fill my pool.

• Excellent 2

Rob J.
11 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I have a water pump that I rigged up for the front of my WH. I use it all summer to water my gardens and fill my pool.

What did you draw the water from? 

Darb1964
1 minute ago, Rob J. said:

What did you draw the water from? 

I have a brook that runs through my property, this year was very dry and I was worried it would not produce enough water. I was using it every day. It never pumped dry, luckily.

• Like 2

Rob J.
27 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That's one I think about quite often. 

Maybe combined with a generator.  

@Rob J. Or maybe @OldWorkHorse and I have thought it out.   

I have most of the parts needed for both the generator and an air compressor. The generator I have is a WH 3k, not the 5k which is quite a bit more powerful so it won’t be a powerhouse by any stretch but will provide emergency power for certain applications. As far as the air compressor what I have planned is taking an old very heavy duty industrial air compressor pump and pair it with a tank and place it outside in its own room attached to the garage and pipe line on the inside. I don’t want to use an electric motor simply because of the draw they take to start the compressor. I want to use the front PTO to run the pump. I think I’ll either find a 16hp Kohler or this Lombardini diesel I’ve had my eye on. I have to get a couple more horses for these tasks. 😉 that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it! 😂

63007161-BAD8-4E31-AD35-6F0F2BBCBFBF.jpeg

C7ECEDDE-3ADC-436B-AFFC-34501238E2D1.jpeg

57443350-762B-4750-9671-495A24B862E3.jpeg

Edited by Rob J.
  • Excellent 2

Darb1964
12 minutes ago, Darb1964 said:

I have a brook that runs through my property, this year was very dry and I was worried it would not produce enough water. I was using it every day. It never pumped dry, luckily.

I found this photo of the book, not great. That's where I put the suction line. This photo was taken in late March.

IMG_20220930_220538_burst_02.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Rob J. said:

. I have to get a couple more horses for these tasks

@SylvanLakeWH Jim and I absolutely agree. 

6 hours ago, Rob J. said:

that’s my HIGHLY LOGICAL REASON and I’m sticking with it!

Fixed it for ya .. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DarnellGates

I'm sure you have some great implements, but why not think outside the box and get something a little uncommon? Depending on what you need, a manure spreader or a rotary rake might be just the thing. If you're looking for something a little more advanced, you might consider a workover rig drilling implement. It's great for drilling into the ground and can be used for a variety of applications. It might take a bit more effort to get your hands on one, but it could be a great addition to your collection. The possibilities are endless!

Edited by DarnellGates
  • Like 1