71_Bronco

Old Dump Cart Question

71_Bronco

So I was driving to my parents house the other day (only about 2 miles away), and noticed one of the houses along the way had an old, 1-piece "bathtub" style dump cart on the side of the house. Didn't look like it had been used in a long time, as it looks like there were weeds growing out of the cart. Paint was obviously red, but faded and dirty.

Was thinking about stopping and asking about it.

Obviously, value is based on the condition. It looked complete from the road, but I have not seen it up close.

Any thoughts? Should I stop? I've never done a cold-call like this (stopping and asking about something in a yard that wasnt for sale)

Looked like the one in the picture below:

Dump%20Cart%207-2211.jpg

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

I always stop for neglected horses! Just kill em with kindness and you will be ok. Can't say much on value without seeing it myself so I will leave that up to you. 

Hope it works out!

Mike

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

If your sure it isn't this place, stop and  try to buy the cart.   The cart in your picture is a $100+ item.

s-l1600.jpg

Tankman
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

I always stop for neglected horses! Just kill em with kindness and you will be ok. Can't say much on value without seeing it myself so I will leave that up to you. 

Hope it works out!

Mike

I always do the same, stop and check it out. In a hurry? Go back when time is available.

My last stop picked up a Pennsylvania Panzer. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

don 76 wheel horse

I n wa. state wheel horse attachments are few and far between . Here if not rusted through holes you can gert $75.00 . On my last find i picked up a 50 inch grader blade for $200.00 and a 48 inch front blade that needed parts for free.. What i have found is that most people that have a horse for sale have at least one attachment. So if you see a horse for sale ask what else they have. You could pick up some thing rare. Don

WHX??

Like Mike said kill em with kindness and be polite. So absolutly stop, introduce yourself and ask. Make small talk & explain your enthusiam for these things. Just like asking to hunt on private property here , doesn't hurt to ask. 

• Like 1