ebinmaine

Would you folks kindly help me identify any or all from this pile of gaskets?

ebinmaine

If any of these are of any use to me I'll keep a couple but these are mostly going to be for sale.

I just have no idea what they're for.

For some sizing reference:

The largest gasket that is kind of oblong shaped is just under 10" Long.

The larger of the two round gaskets is about 7"  in diameter and they have four holes in them.

The smaller of the two round gaskets is just over 6" in diameter and those have 6 holes, two of which are pretty close together.

What do you think guys? Help me out?

IMG_20180909_140237722.jpg.bc8049e50e999311fc1759e2418ba0b6.jpg

IMG_20180909_140247982.jpg.24db849861a0628288086da180a505f5.jpg

IMG_20180909_140252050.jpg.78be9d651f3638cd4b8299a75a6688bc.jpg

IMG_20180909_140256394.jpg.d4cb7f28e93076ac3ee8529be897a30f.jpg

Machineguy

They all look useless. Please just mail them to me for proper disposal! :ychain::ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
Just now, Machineguy said:

They all look useless. Please just mail them to me for proper disposal! :ychain::ROTF:

:ROTF:

Good try Bob. I'm going to go ahead and give you an A for effort on that one.

• Haha 1

Machineguy

Looks like a mix of Briggs, Kohler and Onan maybe? Some fuel pump, intake gaskets and obviously some head gaskets. I’m sure some of the Yoda type engine guru’s will have a sharper eye than myself. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I sure hope so

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Did you go to another auction and win the grab box of C _ _ _ ?

• Haha 2

Machineguy
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Everyone needs a grab box of that in the shop. Some of us more than we need perhaps! :text-lol:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Nope.

Same auction.

Same c_ _ _ 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
7 hours ago, Machineguy said:

I’m sure some of the Yoda type engine guru’s will have a sharper eye than myself. :handgestures-thumbupright:

image.png.3ee3fe5e814a17f491f2095c0397234d.png

Help you are seeking Yoda...yes? 

Yoda not am I...

Of all that is Wheel Horse knowledge, Red Square is the place...yes.

Find what you are looking for, you will...

• Haha 3

Machineguy
9 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

image.png.3ee3fe5e814a17f491f2095c0397234d.png

Help you are seeking Yoda...yes? 

Yoda not am I...

Of all that is Wheel Horse knowledge, Red Square is the place...yes.

Find what you are looking for, you will...

That’s Awesome! :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DarylJ

Okay, I’ll take a blind stab at this, as I have recently rebuilt or am currently in process of rebuilding Kohler K181s.  Not sure what specific engines these gaskets are for, but from the shapes of those used on the Kohler K181, I would guess the largest (gray colored) gaskets you show are for an oil sump on a mystery engine.  The second largest (circular) sure remind me of those used on the side plate (PTO side on K181).  These could either be gaskets or spacers, the lightest ones appear to be paper, and if so, and are used to shim out the side plate to give more end clearance for the crankshaft.  The smaller diamond shaped gaskets with round central hole, of which you have quite a few, are likely used for carburetors.  The diamond shaped ones with the key slot central hole are typical for fuel pump.  The rectangular small gaskets could be for an ignition points cover.  The small circular gaskets, could also be for carburetors, maybe where the air cleaner flange bolts to the carb body,  but if they are made of heat resistant material are then most likely for an exhaust flange.  Totally a guess on the mid sized square gaskets....maybe for a breather plate.  The small circular gaskets and the dogbone shaped one....anybody’s guess.  The mid sized circular gasket could also be a side plate gasket, but from a smaller engine.   Again, these are just guesses, so are worth all of 2 cents.  

If you occasionally get inside of some engines, these gaskets may be worth more to you to have on hand rather than selling them.  If not,  without having any positive application for any/each of them, then probably fine to auction them as one big lot.  Never know, might be an obsolete couple in there that somebody really needs badly.  Price could then be higher than anyone would expect.  If you can get a positive ID on any of these, then check the price online for it and list it for a fraction.  In time, they will find new homes.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, DarylJ said:

The small circular gaskets, could also be for carburetors, maybe where the air cleaner flange bolts to the carb body,  but if they are made of heat resistant material are then most likely for an exhaust flange.

All good information there Daryl. Thank you.

Curious to know if you or anybody else could tell me how I could know that these gaskets may be made of heat-resistant material.

WVHillbilly520H
55 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

All good information there Daryl. Thank you.

Curious to know if you or anybody else could tell me how I could know that these gaskets may be made of heat-resistant material.

Heat resistant would be much like the surface/look of a standard head gasket usually with a metallic core ...like in picture...

Screenshot_20180910-175129.png

• Like 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Heat resistant would be much like the surface/look of a standard head gasket usually with a metallic core ...like in picture...

Screenshot_20180910-175129.png

Thanks Jeff. Yeah that's what I thought.

I ask because I have a gasket set complete except exhaust gasket for a k 91. One of the many things that is in this auction pile.

Looks like the guy opened a whole kit just to take the exhaust gasket out.

• Thanks 1

Macgyver

I'm quite sure that there are no Onan gaskets in that collection

• Thanks 1

WHX??

I see some fuel pump gaskets, some bearing plate spacer gaskets and a handful  of carb gaskets. Probably stuff left over from rebuild kits.

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Probably stuff left over from rebuild kits

My thoughts exactly

stevasaurus

I would go on E-Bay and search Kohler engine rebuild kits.  They show pictures of the gaskets.  The guys have most of those gaskets named right, but pictures are worth a 1,000 words.  Those are oil pan gaskets...not head gaskets.  :)

• Like 1