Machineguy

Best snow removal pictures

Machineguy
11 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

I'm with Randy, snow and the cold of the winter can stay away.  As for me, I would rather look at the snow removal pictures than have to actually remove snow.

@T-Mo @RandyLittrell

I really enjoy the snow. It’s like a holiday for me! The cold does make me ache and hurt but, I ache and hurt all the time it seems. At least I’m not sweating in the snow! Lol

If I lived somewhere that snow was truly a burden I guess I’d feel different about it. For now I’m getting to view all these cool machines being put to work. Great stuff!! 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 1

The Tuul Crib
42 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

Beautiful! We get snow in cycles here in the mountains of SW Va. 

Seems like we get a hard winter every 7 years with lots of snow. Then it tapers off to almost nothing the years following. This is the year we should get another rough one!! I’m ready too buddy! 

Growing up my Dad had a mowing and snow removal business. He was a fireman for 36 years and every day he was off we mowed or moved snow depending on the season. He’s retired and with my career and neck issues we let go of the business. When I was young I wanted a little tractor with a blade but it was all about making the $$ for Dad. 

Now that I’ve only got to worry with my driveway now I can have fun with it and not spend16 hours in a big plow truck! 

I can’t wait for snow now!!! 

I grew up in the mid west when we had feet of snow. My cousin pushed for the county. If you left your car stranded the snow drifted over it and snow trucks would hit it not seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sarge

Age, arthritis, and a lot of injuries have caught up with me - it's taken the fun out of being out in the snow, but I still get out there when necessary.

Me, Big Ugly the D-180 and Toby - my loyal black n red German Shepherd....

Sarge

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Kurt-NEPA

My favorite, just not much of a challenge for a two-stage.

5b941cc91a9e6_14Dec2017520HandBlowing2.jpg.6d01374babee79a61a37823f01dc60aa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

buckrancher

100_4637.JPG.8056fb7e71ff3bf1a89bf9c8ae5d7a7b.JPG100_4638.JPG.0d8938c5054bf8fcdaefbd86e39b6c13.JPG100_4634.JPG.73d2e4bd38f1962864e84e08ae229a19.JPG100_4636.JPG.63d464161b0b18e579465021afe4f873.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Tankman

Never used our blower but, if needed, ready to go. The Harley boots, spit shined toe and heel too of course. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Our Pennsylvania Panzer has a blade but, didn't ever use it. Poor AC only has a mid-mount grader. Sorry but, he does keep the gravel drives nice.

The Stallions do all the wo...wo....WORK! Those Horses love playin' in the white wet cold nasty junque. :ROTF:

5b94273d1c4a7_SnowblowerHarleys.jpg.68e7ea6b8bc34a4ff90f592e7ab6ed22.jpg5b942765b27fb_B1067_Panzer.jpg.e0fe86524766b25acd61e920a934d458.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

I guess I might like it if we actually got snow! Anymore we just get a little snow with a bunch of ice or just bitter cold. I remember playing in some deep snow as a kid, not sure what happened. 

Randy

• Excellent 1

Daron1965

I actually like the snow,  but hate the bitter cold temperatures. The old farmers almanac is calling for Western PA to have average temps, but above average snowfall. The last few years have been cold, but not much snow.  

Only time will tell. 

:occasion-snowman:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

You guys are killing me , talking about snow removal.  I can't even get the grass cut it has been 3 weeks , anybody need some feed for live stock.

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You guys are killing me , talking about snow removal.  I can't even get the grass cut it has been 3 weeks , anybody need some feed for live stock.

These mowers work in wet and tall grass Jim.See the source image

• Haha 7

rjg854

20180114_120027.jpg.f358c03b597ccb9ce29441f9d054e771.jpg

And this is the work they do

20180113_161344.jpg.c8af1dd19d00394b44208b9cd6c8850d.jpg

• Excellent 5

kick

The big D

BA166DEA-075B-4740-AF4D-610544A53904.jpeg

Edited by kick
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701
4 hours ago, Tankman said:

Never used our blower but, if needed, ready to go. The Harley boots, spit shined toe and heel too of course. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Our Pennsylvania Panzer has a blade but, didn't ever use it. Poor AC only has a mid-mount grader. Sorry but, he does keep the gravel drives nice.

The Stallions do all the wo...wo....WORK! Those Horses love playin' in the white wet cold nasty junque. :ROTF:

5b94273d1c4a7_SnowblowerHarleys.jpg.68e7ea6b8bc34a4ff90f592e7ab6ed22.jpg5b942765b27fb_B1067_Panzer.jpg.e0fe86524766b25acd61e920a934d458.jpg

looks like a nice original panzer, t75es?, they push snow pretty good-- good heavy tractor, after restoring mine I don't push them too hard anymore but I take them out for light stuff every now and then, I know they are great with a blower if you can ever find one.

get that gas tank back in it!!

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Machineguy
3 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

I guess I might like it if we actually got snow! Anymore we just get a little snow with a bunch of ice or just bitter cold. I remember playing in some deep snow as a kid, not sure what happened. 

Randy

Ice is no fun!! I agree 💯% 

We had more small snowfalls more regularly it seemed when I was a kid. Now we seem to get crazy winters every seven years or so. We got a 27” a 16” and three more over a foot in 2011 and almost no measurable accumulation last year. This year hopefully will have some snow to play in! Hopefully no ice or brutal cold. That’s only good for frozen pipes, busted vehicles and broken bones! 

• Like 1

Machineguy

This is great guys!! Thanks so much for sharing! These aren’t just “riding mowers” they’re power equipment designed for much heavier and diverse applications than the new stamped steel crap. That’s one of the things I truly appreciate and enjoy about these Red Machines and other solid American made GT’s of a bye gone era. I appreciate all of you guys that share the same opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Tankman
18 minutes ago, jabelman said:

looks like a nice original panzer, t75es?, they push snow pretty good-- good heavy tractor, after restoring mine I don't push them too hard anymore but I take them out for light stuff every now and then, I know they are great with a blower if you can ever find one.

get that gas tank back in it!!

Gas tank is in! Panzer is painted. Grandsons like the left 'n right brake pedals, they spin "donuts".

My grandson and I stopped to chat about a Horse somebody was mowing grass with. He said, "Love my Wheel Horse. Might you be interested in a Pennsylvania?"

I didn't have a clue (?). A Pennsylvania (huh?)? He took us to his crowded shed, said, "My grandfather passed away and I got the "Pennsylvania."

An hour later the Panzer was in my pickup with its' mower deck, snow plow, original sales receipt, original owners manual. Runs fine.

A great stop that day even though it cost me a hundred bucks! We only drive the cast iron grill, the Chrysler rear, use the drum brakes, just because.

The Panzer is semi-retired which makes our Horses jealous. Get to work Stallions!  :ROTF:

• Excellent 3

Machineguy

Aren’t these the coolest Mantiques ever?!? 

• Like 1

Machineguy

I don’t know who this guy is but his video impressed me. That thing is stout and was a influence on me for the K321 swap on my WH 700 

Fun stuff! 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 2

WHNJ701

so far the best garden tractor I used to remove snow is the case /ingersoll 200 series with a snowcaster. 

fun topic be here before you know it!

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Working them little Kohlers is lots of fun too.  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

RJC1965

We got 30 inches in April glad I put the loader on. This was the first round of 15 inches 

4801CC4C-C409-4169-B055-CBA73B0E4C53.jpeg

FB1B40F6-416E-40FF-A310-347CF7499107.jpeg

Edited by RJC1965
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2