Sign in to follow this  
treepatrol

Has anyone ever installed one of these on a 310-8

treepatrol

Has anyone ever installed one of these on a 300 series Tractor?Or any other Wheel Horse Tractor of older models?

Namely a 310-8 Wheel Horse?

Specificaly the toro version?

Toro 79947

5xi Garden Tractor

Front End Bucket Loader

:whistle::thumbs:

toro_5xi_Bucket2.jpg

Rollerman

We have a member here at RS that has an FEL on his 310-8speed.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4026

You may want to send him a PM for his input...

But I think the 310 is a little light for an FEL.

It can be done, but there are more suitable models.

Here is another members FEL tractor useing a 520H...a lot more power & much heavier front end components.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8586

treepatrol

Thanks Rollerman :thumbs:

WHC-125

We have a member here at RS that has an FEL on his 310-8speed.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4026

You may want to send him a PM for his input...

Here is another members FEL tractor useing a 520H...a lot more power & much heavier front end components.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8586

Stephen, Dan(wheelhorse101) sold that 310-8 a while ago and the loader has since been on his C-81.

wheelhorse101

treepatroll i hade one of those on a 310-8 there is a pic of it in the horses at work gallory if you want to see it and if you wana no anything pm me ill be happy to answer any question.

Guest fireman

wheelhorse101,

How does the C-81 handle the loader? I'm contemplating putting my loader on mine. Did you beef up the front axles? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

Jeff

WHC-125

Jeff, I have used Dan's loader personally and it actually is very strong but I would reccommend a high horsepower tractor even though it should be enough. You always want more power :thumbs: He could lift his truck off the ground before the rear end of the tractor comes off the ground

wheelhorse101

i personally like it on c-81 i use the stock 3/4 spindles and they are plenty strong. like chris said i can lift my turck up untill the rear of my tractor with about 350lbs in the box :thumbs:

Nick

The KW loader pump can run on 8hp easy, I have a kW pump on the Load Ranger. Maybe its just me but the size of KW loaders has always looked just a little big on smaller tractors. There was an old Johnson loader that was a bit more to scale but never see those for sale.

Hey Dan, If you can lift a truck off the ground you might have a relief pressure set a bit more than the factory specs. On occasion for heavy lifts Ive been know to use the ole screwdriver and adjust the pressure up some. :thumbs:

Rollerman

I guess to be more clear...the 310 used a taller front spindle & smaller size front tire on a smaller 6" front rim.

I think this would be the weak link with putting an FEL on one? :thumbs:

The 10HP engine & 8 speed are up to it though.

The C85 used the standard "shorter" front spindles & a larger "standard" standard sized tire & wheel.

For what it's worth the 310 parts can be swapped out for the standard sized spindles from many other Horses 73 on (not all, but most) then the 8's rims & larger rubber can be used in front.

Better yet, but hard to find these days is a HD front spindle kit.

WHC-125

wheelhorse101,

How does the C-81 handle the loader? I'm contemplating putting my loader on mine. Did you beef up the front axles? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

Jeff

Dan, you should come to the meet and greet at Jeff's place and show off the C-81 :thumbs:

treepatrol

I guess to be more clear...the 310 used a taller front spindle & smaller size front tire on a smaller 6" front rim.

I think this would be the weak link with putting an FEL on one? :whistle:

The 10HP engine & 8 speed are up to it though.

The C85 used the standard "shorter" front spindles & a larger "standard" standard sized tire & wheel.

For what it's worth the 310 parts can be swapped out for the standard sized spindles from many other Horses 73 on (not all, but most) then the 8's rims & larger rubber can be used in front.

The 10HP engine & 8 speed are up to it though. :thumbs:

Also which size spindles would you use and does that require new rim & tires right?

How about the rear axels?

You said

For what it's worth the 310 parts can be swapped out for the standard sized spindles from many other Horses 73 on . Which one specific? mine is a 1990.

The real name of the kit is??? :whistle:

Nick

The heavy duty spindle kit is No longer available. I cant remember the part number like others do but its not something you can just pick up at the dealer.

As far as which new KW loader would be best to modify.. Thats tough to guess just going by the KW website pictures. It looks like the Ariens, small Cub cadet and White loaders are still the same design that was use by Wheel Horse. The subframe will need a complete rebuild so other than modifying the hose length any of those might work out. I kind of like the further back mounting location of the cub. there is a loss of reach but it helps with heavy lifting, nice for smaller tractors.

Also what kind of work do you want to do? A less expensive and easier to install option could be a Johnny bucket. They cant do everything a loader can but for moving loose material and some digging its a nice alternative to a loader. If you have a ramp gate trailer its not hard to load or unload mulch, gravel or dirt. They even have a blade option for winter snow work.

http://www.johnnyproducts.com/

treepatrol

Thanks Nick :thumbs: