JAinVA

Ugly 2 gives 416-8 a lift

Daron1965

Great idea.  I'm sure it could be used in many situations. :handgestures-thumbupright:

wfrpalm

That is a great solution.

Ed Kennell

Really great implement Jim.  Any details on the winch i.e. price, load capacity, radio control?     Reasons for front mount instead of rear?

WVHillbilly520H

@Ed Kennell, not to intrude on Jim's thread but 2 winters ago when I did my first attempt at a front blade for the Kioti, I bought the 2500# ATV remote (only) controled winch from Harbor Freight for $50 price dependent on sales/coupons, Jeff.

IMAG2606.jpg

• Like 3

JAinVA

Glad to answer your questions Ed.The winch is rated at 3000#,in my mind overated.The current offering from Harbor Freight is 2500# and was on sale recently for $49.00.A similar winch is also sold by Tractor Supply for I think $90.00.This winch was originally radio controlled.I have read about enough accidents with RC winchs that I coverted it to manual control.That wasn't that hard as the RC unit just energizes the appropriate solenoid.Years ago I had no problem backing up anything  but as I have grown older I find that my neck doesn't rotate as far anymore so to make it easier not to crash into anything I went with a front mount.I had thought I would have to mount a bigger battery on the back but the tractor's unit seems to work fine.I don't think I'd put this on any of the tractors that don't have gear reduction steering.Hope this helps.If you have any additional questions I will do my best to answer them.Luck.JimAnderson

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

JAinVA

Jeff I have a question about the control box on your winch.Where is it? I don't see one

WVHillbilly520H
8 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

Jeff I have a question about the control box on your winch.Where is it? I don't see one

It was separate, I mounted it under the hood next to the battery.

IMAG2611.jpg

JAinVA

Thanks.The leads on yours are longer than the ones on mine.I need to relocate the control box so that I can add truss bars to the boom.Thanks again!

• Like 1