Jump to content
pullstart

Any Norman / OKC members have time to check out a truck for a fellow?

Recommended Posts

I found a clean truck in Norman, OK that I’m thinking about flying out for, (yes, my Colorado does have limits, need a camper hauler!) was just wondering if there’s anyone available to swing by and look around it for me?  I really doubt there is any problems that are too big for me, but you know how pictures can be deceiving occasionally...

 

thanks, Kevin from rusty Michigan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would gladly check it out for you but I'm in Nebraska for a few days...perhaps @Daddy Don could help you out...I know that's not too far away from him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

yes, my Colorado does have limits

Go figure... Best make it a long box :laughing-rolling:

IMG_0676_JPG_3cc7ec06656a65eb3bd5c10c4a8cf35a.jpg

  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that pullstart had that truck bed pretty full at the Big Show this year before heading back to Michigan!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crew cab long box... it’s clean, older generation, diesel and a 6 speed manual!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Professor1990 said:

Would gladly check it out for you but I'm in Nebraska for a few days...perhaps @Daddy Don could help you out...I know that's not too far away from him

 

Dude that’s 3 hrs from you, according to the google... quite an offer but I wouldn’t want to make you go that far!  Says something about your character, for sure!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Go figure... Best make it a long box :laughing-rolling:

IMG_0676_JPG_3cc7ec06656a65eb3bd5c10c4a8cf35a.jpg

 

Ya’know, that picture with only 3 machines on the back kinda makes it look inferior...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to video chat with the dealer and went over the truck together.  Working out a deposit, planning on heading out next weekend to pick it up.  I have a new set of 10 ply tires sitting here waiting for it, and a camper that needs hauling to the Winchester 400 down south of Indy in October.

 

 

055D817E-ED48-4F8F-8A8B-69A2EDC713B7.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris, those older duramax are tough trucks. Neighbor had one he bought new for years, he beat the dog out of it. He decided he needed a new one so he traded it in for a new one a couple of years ago, says he wishes he had his old one back. Good luck.

Kevin. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, clueless said:

Chris, those older duramax are tough trucks. Neighbor had one he bought new for years, he beat the dog out of it. He decided he needed a new one so he traded it in for a new one a couple of years ago, says he wishes he had his old one back. Good luck.

Kevin. 

 

Chris... my new Karaoke name!  Thanks @stevasaurus for that one!  :laughing-rofl:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW that is one long drinkawater... front & rear are in different zip codes! Whadda  you have to give for it? Coming from that area prolly little to no rust.

 

Who's good at photo shopping .... see how many horses it can hold! :laughing-rolling:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asking price less than 7 grand...  it’s easily a 13k vehicle in this area.  I didn’t see any rust, has had injectors, new heads,, head studs clutch, and batteries all in the last 2 years.  Only power adders are an edge tuner, which I will likely use for egt readings more than anything.  It might end up at the big show next year, we’ll see!

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...let me see if I got this straight.   Kevin is Pullstart from Florida...Chris is Clueless from Michigan.  :occasion-xmas:   Nice truck Kevin...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

 

 

image.png

 

.Brrly1, Horsefixer, IndyWH, Stevasaurus, Shorts, Clueless, Pullstart, jackhammer.

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in OKC Can I help you out with this. I live 10 miles north of Norman? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daddy Don said:

I live in OKC Can I help you out with this. I live 10 miles north of Norman? 

 

@Daddy Don I appreciate your offer, if you feel like taking a cruise through Norman Mitsubishi, it’s supposed to be off the market and parked out back...  but I put a non-refundable deposit on the truck and we booked our flight/hotel/rental car for next Friday, the 14th.  Plan to land in OKC at about 9:30 and head to Norman.  Maybe we could meet for lunch and a picture on Saturday?  :handgestures-thumbupright:  it’ll be the Mrs. and I’s 11th anniversary that day!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

OK...let me see if I got this straight.   Kevin is Pullstart from Florida...Chris is Clueless from Michigan.  :occasion-xmas:   Nice truck Kevin...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

 

 

image.png

 

.Brrly1, Horsefixer, IndyWH, Stevasaurus, Shorts, Clueless, Pullstart, jackhammer.

Steve, I can understand how you can get Kevin and I confused, other than the 25 + years difference in age, the 100 + pounds weight difference and the color of the beard and hair, we could be twins. ;) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you are both on my right side...and I already knew Paul and Rick.  :occasion-xmas:

BTW...this is one of my favorite pictures...all excellent people into the horses.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

. I will be going down to Norman tomorrow and will go buy and see what it looks like and let you know if I see anything wrong. The car dealerships down in Norman on the mile of cars are pretty trust worthy. Would sure like to meet you. Have a safe trip. If you like BBQ try Swaldys  BBQ in Okc.     

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you renting a Hellcat and go look up those outlaw street racers on okc lol

 

 

 

 

 

eric j

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Daddy Don said:

. I will be going down to Norman tomorrow and will go buy and see what it looks like and let you know if I see anything wrong. The car dealerships down in Norman on the mile of cars are pretty trust worthy. Would sure like to meet you. Have a safe trip. If you like BBQ try Swaldys  BBQ in Okc.     

Lunch at Swaldys, sounds like a fabulous place to meet for lunch!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin...have a fun and safe trip.  Enjoy those guys out there.  :occasion-xmas:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:text-yeahthat:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll be a good trip, i’ll Have my wife with me!

  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×