KC9KAS

Ohio Motorcycling

KC9KAS

My wife and I are currently in Logan Ohio.

We are going to motorcycle tour the "Ohio Triple Nickel"  and the rest of the "Windy 9" this week.

https://www.windy9.com/

Any of my Wheel Horse buddies live close, or want to ride along??

Ken

tunahead72

Thanks for sharing this, Ken. Looks like some great riding, have fun and please be safe! I signed up for their map and e-newsletter, maybe some day!

• Thanks 1

KC9KAS

@tunahead72 Just rode the Triple Nickel...It is only 60 miles or so, but mileage was 175 by the time we got to the start and to the river and back to the motel. And 92* is damn hot in full riding gear!

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

I live in Southwest Ohio North of Dayton. A really nice '84 Wing full featured Aspy dropped out of the sky two months ago and I want to do something like the Nickel.

My main rides locally start at local roads that meander to Richmond,Brookville Lake, Metamora,Batesville,Friendship --All in Indiana

I would like to cross the river and come in to Rabbit Hash Ky. from the West. There has to be some nice twisties and scenery. down that way, one would think

I will check out the literature..   hopefully, you can tell us something about the ride, or maybe give us some info as to where you post the ride if on a bike website.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

I have found some good local back road rides on this easy to use website.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1

KC9KAS
4 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I live in Southwest Ohio North of Dayton. A really nice '84 Wing full featured Aspy dropped out of the sky two months ago and I want to do something like the Nickel.

My main rides locally start at local roads that meander to Richmond,Brookville Lake, Metamora,Batesville,Friendship --All in Indiana

I would like to cross the river and come in to Rabbit Hash Ky. from the West. There has to be some nice twisties and scenery. down that way, one would think

I will check out the literature..   hopefully, you can tell us something about the ride, or maybe give us some info as to where you post the ride if on a bike website.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

I have found some good local back road rides on this easy to use website.

When we plan on a motorcycle vacation, my wife (89 GL1500 MotorTrike) looks at a map in the area she wants to go and looks for the crookedest roads she can find! I ride a 96 GL 1500 SE and pull a 2000 Escapade trailer. The trike gets about 33 MPG and me pulling the trailer get about 37 MPG. She sets the trip odometer when we leave home and has total trip miles and I reset each fuel stop and keep an eye on tank mileage. My gas gauge is fairly accurate, but hers is a little off. so I need to watch the miles/tank.

https://www.windy9.com/

The 555 ride from the Zanesville to Hocking was a good twisty ride, but no better than some of the other roads we traveled to get here from Southern Indiana. We had some miles on the tanks and needed fuel before the end and had to go about 10 miles off the highway to find gas. 

Although Athens is the hub of most of these rides, we are staying in Logan. 

We done a "Shamrock Ride" in Huntsville AL and in Harrison Arkansas, Stay in 1 place for 3-4 days and do a 150-200 mile ride each day ending up where we starts, Only travel the same 5-10 miles near the motel!

Keep Riding!

I just re-read your post...We have been to Metamora, Batesville, Friendship area too. Little Nashville, Madison all these rides are nice!

Edited by KC9KAS