FreddyT520

520H Fuel Pump Leak

FreddyT520

Hello,

Purchased a home a couple months ago and the first thing I knew I would need would be a tractor. My dad called me about a 95 520H in the paper, so I contacted the seller and after looking at it a couple times and doing some research on the forum I decided to go ahead with the purchase. The tractor runs excellent, Onan still runs great, only a small amount of rust under left foot rest and the fuel gauge does not work. I've cut the yard a few times and haven't had any issues. Today, however, after I warmed it up and got a few passes I noticed a decent leak coming from behind the fuel pump.  Any help that you can offer would be much appreciated.

21884.jpeg.27615778c70bb9ab763611a1dee40145.jpeg20180903_141835.jpg.00b89a21ab4e6098783d3c9db880d1ab.jpg20180903_141856.jpg.e0052b3bd4cb15a55ed5a3f7ac86abe0.jpg

Thanks,

Fred

lynnmor

You can get a cheap imported fuel pump online.  Just Google "onan fuel pump p220g" and choose the one you want.  Another option is to eliminate the pulse pump and use an electric one.

• Like 2

Jerry77
7 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

use an electric one.

That would be my preference - if you do , get a pump with a max pressure of less that 3 psi...and mount it lower than the bottom of the fuel tank...pushes a lot better than it sucks...put it on switch so you can have key on without the pump running...:twocents-02cents:

Kurt-NEPA

I'm a big fan of electric fuel pumps.  I use this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C1LW0E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted it under the gas tank.  Hooked it up with a relay and 10 amp fuse. 

Works great.  Especially when the tractor has been sitting. Turn the ignition on and wait for the pump to fill the bowl.  Then start.  Much better than cranking with the stock fuel pump.

• Like 2